+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary resident Visa for Wife

Canada Job aspire

Jun 26, 2020
Hi ,

I am having a work permit and I have applied for PR for both me and my wife (AoR - Nov'20) and under processing, I am not sure how long it is going to take to get the COPR. I want to bring my wife as soon as possible here to Canada. I heard of Travel exemptions to the people under the grounds of Family reunification. But I am not getting a proper update. Also am seeing TRV refusals for many cases. So I am confused.
Can someone help with the following questions
1. Can I go ahead and apply TRV for my wife ? If yes, What is the best possible route to apply so that it is not refused?
2. How long it is taking to get a decision?
3. Any other options/ suggestions to bring my wife sooner.

Your responses will be really helpful as its almost going to be 2 years since we both live a family.

Thanks.

sarvana92

Feb 24, 2020
You can try applying for visitors visa requesting family reunion exemption. Process is pretty fast if they find your case valid for family reunion and justifying. You can try making it so by showing 1) your wife will exit Canada upon expiry of the Visa / within certain time period - employment, bank balance from where your wife live, property in her name would help for this case 2) means of financial support for her stay in Canad, 3) purpose - true intent. Since you have applied for PR it already states your longterm intent to move permanently to Canada. How visitors visa come in place into that, what you will do if pr is not approved or delayed. 4) your relationship status proof and explain your timeline of long-distance on the invitation letter, purpose of visit and email to ircc.

if they don't find it valid and nondiscretionary, good thing that you can except is rejection. Waiting for months will be worst than that, while some keep getting it in like 10 to 14 days.

On other hand, you can try applying sowp.

I applied for trv for my wife on march 1st and got it approval on march 9th with travel authorization letter. I have seen people who are waiting from nov-2020 with no reply and who got approval submitting after me. It could be really tricky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meee@

Canada Job aspire

Jun 26, 2020
Thanks a lot Saravanan for your detailed explanation.
1. My wife doesnt have an employment back in India
2. She is dependent on the money which I send, so we dont have a bank balance to show
3. She doesnt have a property as well in her name.

My true intent is I and wife need to live together as a family. For which I can write the obvious reasons in the invitation letter and email to IRCC. Can you please tell me what is the mailing address for IRCC.

Also I am in BOWP now, Is it ok to Apply SOWP for my wife If I am in BOWP? Any idea?

Thanks,
Shiva

sarvana92

Feb 24, 2020
Thanks a lot Saravanan for your detailed explanation.
1. My wife doesnt have an employment back in India
2. She is dependent on the money which I send, so we dont have a bank balance to show
3. She doesnt have a property as well in her name.

My true intent is I and wife need to live together as a family. For which I can write the obvious reasons in the invitation letter and email to IRCC. Can you please tell me what is the mailing address for IRCC.

Also I am in BOWP now, Is it ok to Apply SOWP for my wife If I am in BOWP? Any idea?

Thanks,
Shiva
Detailed instruction
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

email
IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

IRCC rejects visitors visa left and right. I think IRCC doesn't trust enough that those applicants will leave Canada. Showing tie ups from the residing country to travel back is kind of important, also showing travel is mandatory and unavoidable (for travel exemption).

In your case I think it is safer to apply for SOWP, since your wife doesn't have tie ups to prove that she will go back. However I recommend you to research on SOWP processing times. If it is long then consider visitors visa.

Make sure you research and be confident enough before dropping the application either for visitors or sowp.

Canada Job aspire

Jun 26, 2020
Thanks buddy for your response, applying for TRV and getting rejected and then applying for SOWP is not a good idea given the fact it is evident that TRV will be rejected for my wife's case. So I am planning to apply for SOWP. Fingers crossed.
By the way, if you are applying for SOWP, do we still need to send an email to the IRCC for travel exemption?

Thanks

sarvana92

Feb 24, 2020
Didn't want to demotive you from applying from TRV. Though it looks like easy ro get, it could be tricky. SOWP is good option for your case. Back your application with ECA and any work experience she has. It will help the application review process.

All the best?