temporary resident status while getting PR

dsubhi

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can somebody enlighten me on this matter:

I have applied for an extension of my work permit and I am quite sure to get it. But in worst scenario, if I don't get it, I 'll be on implied status (visitor). Will this effect the further processing of my case in FSW class (with AEO)??

Your input will be highly appreciated.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you are still residing legally in canada, your application will not be affected regardless which status you have in canada (visitor, student,worker).

Just let me tell you something:

Some people say that you can apply for an open work permit.......bla bla bla, if you have an application in process in Buffalo. Do not listen to them because all of that is not true, otherwise all temporary residents especially international students including me would apply for that open work permit which is exempted from the (LMO) to get rid of the very expensive tuition fees based on the fact that we have applications for the permanent residence in Buffalo.

Only the refugee applicants who have applications in process in the immigration department inside canada "not Buffalo" are eligible for such a work permit based on the fact that they have a refugee case in process in canada until they get a decision.

dsubhi

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks professional1,

Your view on this issue has given me a lot of confidence.
Just because I was told by someone that I should have valid TFW visa at the time of PPR.

Thanks a lot & best of luck

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are welcome dsubhi

Actually the real question that you need to think about is:

If you could not renew your work permit (hopefully you will get it) and changed your status to a visitor, how long are they going to give you in your visitor status !

Not to discourage you, but do you know that Buffalo visa office takes almost one year only to start processing the applications !

Hope the best of luck for you.

dsubhi

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, I have an European nationality therefore won't be difficult to get the visitor status, if needed. I have almost completed my 2nd year as a TFW and will be eligible for applying in CEC class too, which is also a part of my future plans.

I really appriciate your feedback, thanks and best of luck!!