+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Residence Visa (TRV) inside Canada has submitted on 21 Oct

qwedsa

Dec 11, 2013
I am trying to track my passport, but there is nothing coming so far. I am expecting to miss my flight tooooo. The way CIC website is estimating the time, it’s impossible to plan the trip.

From now on every one please makes better decisions of applying way before you plan any trip abroad.

Otherwise it’s just stress and loss of money.

lcortez

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
jstar13 said:
That's very bad. At least Immigration should update the accurate processing time so we can apply ahead of time. I dont know whats gonna happen with me.. They haven't even bothered to reply me.
Hi jstar13, I got the passports this morning, 24h after I cancelled the tikets for me and my family (wife and three kids). I sent e-mails and faxes saying that I had tickets to fly on Dec 12th, they sent me an e-mail on Dec 6th saying that my application had been already processed and I would have the passports soon. According with the CanadaPost tracking number the passports left Ottawa on Dec 11th. It took only 2 days to be delivered. I cannot understand those people in Ottawa office, they don't care this situation, how stressful it is this process, that there are families hoping to travel, many have saved money for a whole year to buy tickets. Why they don't put the real processing time for TRV in their website? it is ridiculous that every week they update the webpage with unreal processing times. My conclusion is that they are thoughtless and insensitive with immigrants. Well, I hope you get your passport soon.

jstar13

Nov 14, 2013
lcortez said:
Hi jstar13, I got the passports this morning, 24h after I cancelled the tikets for me and my family (wife and three kids). I sent e-mails and faxes saying that I had tickets to fly on Dec 12th, they sent me an e-mail on Dec 6th saying that my application had been already processed and I would have the passports soon. According with the CanadaPost tracking number the passports left Ottawa on Dec 11th. It took only 2 days to be delivered. I cannot understand those people in Ottawa office, they don't care this situation, how stressful it is this process, that there are families hoping to travel, many have saved money for a whole year to buy tickets. Why they don't put the real processing time for TRV in their website? it is ridiculous that every week they update the webpage with unreal processing times. My conclusion is that they are thoughtless and insensitive with immigrants. Well, I hope you get your passport soon.
Seriously they really don't care about anybody. I talked to my lawyer he sent my application through xpresspost.
My package is not activated yet. So mine is still under processing. Thank you for updating me and wishing good for me.

Cool Guy

Dec 7, 2013
Hello ICORTEZ,

Could you kindly give us a timeline on your situation. What date and time did you receive an email from CIC stating that your application has been finalized and when exactly did your tracking number become active and when exactly did you receive your passport. I am in a similar situation and would love to know.

Thank you.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
lcortez, I am so sorry hearing your situation.

I agree, Especially people going with family along with kids like you it is terrible to digest the situation. There is no fault from our side at all because we rely on dates from the site.

I also had to cancel the ticket for it was single for me. I hope, Eventually, CPP Ottawa people change their attitude.

Kiran

lcortez

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Cool Guy said:
Hello ICORTEZ,

Could you kindly give us a timeline on your situation. What date and time did you receive an email from CIC stating that your application has been finalized and when exactly did your tracking number become active and when exactly did you receive your passport. I am in a similar situation and would love to know.

Thank you.
Hi Cool Guy, Ottawa office received my paper application on Oct 18th. I started to send e-mails and faxes telling them about my situation usually getting e-mails (4 or 5 days latter) saying that they could not give me much information and I could withdraw the application if I needed the passport. Finally, on Friday December 6th I got an e-mail saying that my application had been processed and I would get my passport soon. The tracking number was activated on Dec 11th and I got my passport on Dec 13th (11:30pm). I had tickets to travel on Dec 12th at 15:30.

lcortez

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Kiranmayi said:
lcortez, I am so sorry hearing your situation.

I agree, Especially people going with family along with kids like you it is terrible to digest the situation. There is no fault from our side at all because we rely on dates from the site.

I also had to cancel the ticket for it was single for me. I hope, Eventually, CPP Ottawa people change their attitude.

Kiran
Dear Kiran, thanks for your understanding and empathy

Cool Guy

Dec 7, 2013
Thank you very much Icortez. I really appreciate it. Take care and good luck to you and your family for the future!

meg20122

Jun 30, 2012
Valid work permit needed TRV to go home PLS HELP!!!

HEllo Guys!
My wife and I have valid work permits expiring on Sept.2015, same for my son with student permit. We are planning to go home in Feb 2014. How do we apply for TRV? Is it the same application online for visitors? Can anyone guide me in this procedure coz I am so confuse right now on what kind of visa to apply so I can enter Canada. Anyone's help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

qwedsa

Dec 11, 2013
Hi ALL,
Can anyone who already have received back there passport for application submitted before 30 of Oct 2013, please update about the processing time it took his application to process and come back?

I am still waiting for my passport to showup in the mail. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cool Guy

Dec 7, 2013
Hello Meg20122,

Firstly I would just like to say that please double check the information I am about to give you. I have found the following information online through the cic website, visa forums etc and personal experience.

You have two options. Either you apply through an online application or you apply by mail through a paper application. I did the paper application because I had a tough time accessing it online and also because the processing times during those days was almost the same.

Since I did not apply through an online application I can't help you there but for a paper application these are the following documents you will need 'cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5721E.pdf

If you are applying through a paper application, give it atleast 10 weeks for a final result. I would not book my trip unless and until I know that my passport has been finalized.

Make sure that you send your application in via Xpresspost and do make sure that you put a return envelope in as well addressed to your mailing address otherwise they are going to send your passport back through regular mail which will take another week extra.

I would highly recommend applying Online as it is a faster way and also you only mail in your passport to cic once your application is approved. Therefore cic has your passport in their possession for a lesser amount of time which means less stress for you!

Good Luck for your application and I would suggest that you start ASAP if you want to travel in FEB!

Take care.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
meg20122,

Go with ONLINE application even if it takes more time to scan the documents. Do not go for Paper application.

Kiranmai

meg20122

Jun 30, 2012
HI GUYS!
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PROMPT REPLIES!!!!
HOW LONG WOULD YOU THINK THE PROCESSING ON ONLINE?
I SAW IT ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT IT IS 10 DAYS.
HOW COME IN THIS FORUM SOME APPLICATIONS ARE WAY BACK
ON OCTOBER. :(

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Again, CPP OTTAWA people are not following the time lines which they are posted on website.

Go with online application you will get it without much delays.

Kiranmai

IwannaStay

Dec 18, 2013
HELLO,

i was wondering if anyone can help me, i am currently in Canada and i have applied for a multiple entry visa ONLINE. i was directed to the link that i can submit application online and processing only takes 10 days. can any one verify if my understanding is correct, that i can apply for it online which i already have . im worried that i shouldnt have done it online and shouldve just mailed it instead. but there was an online application option which was faster. i am planning to go out of canada for a week in january and im worried that i wouldnt have my reentry visa before i leave. on that note, do they check reentry visas at Calgary airport (worse case scenario that i dont receive my visa before i leave)

CANT POsT THE links here unfortunately

thanks very much. hopefully someone can help me out