+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

temporary residance visa need help

sohney

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
hi,
I m applying for visa at seattle office.I m working under live in caregiver program.
for sending my visa appliaction which service can i use?can i send it as a regular mail ?

icycool

Apr 13, 2011
Hi Sohney,

I just apply for visa in Seattle too. They just got my mail on 16 Dec. I used canadapost regular registered mail.

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Mailing instructions

Seattle

If your mailing address is in Canada:
•Persons currently residing in Canada on a study or work permit who are applying for a new temporary resident visa must not submit a return a prepaid envelope.
•The Consulate will send mail to addresses in Canada via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail. Please enclose with your application a self-addressed return envelope.
•FedEx: If you wish to use a courier service, please enclose with your application a completed air waybill and a return courier envelope for the courier. You must fill in your name and address as both the sender and the recipient on the waybill. The Consulate's address must not appear on the waybill. You must enter your valid FedEx account number in the appropriate billing information box. Payments by cheque or credit card are not accepted. For more information, please see the FedEx website.
•Please note that the Consulate will not be responsible for filling out courier labels or verifying shipping charges; these are the sole responsibility of the applicant.

Please note that we will not return passports/documents to Canadian addresses using any commercial courier service other than FedEx.

Send your mail to:

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Section
1501 Fourth Avenue,
Suite 600, Seattle,
WA, 98101
sohney said:
hi,
I m applying for visa at seattle office.I m working under live in caregiver program.
for sending my visa appliaction which service can i use?can i send it as a regular mail ?

sohney

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
@icycool,
thanks for ur quick reply.
I applied for visa before n paid $90 for fedx..
If i use canada post regular mail so i don't need to send prepaid envelop.
have u applied before visa via canada post or its ur first time.?
actully i m buying tickets thats why i m little bit concern abt mailing time line too.

icycool

Apr 13, 2011
sohney said:
@ icycool,
thanks for ur quick reply.
I applied for visa before n paid $90 for fedx..
If i use canada post regular mail so i don't need to send prepaid envelop.
have u applied before visa via canada post or its ur first time.?
actully i m buying tickets thats why i m little bit concern abt mailing time line too.
It is my first time to renew visa. YES, regular mail takes longg time to mail back. One of my friend took 11 days to got back< count from date that issue visa> . For me I mailed out Dec 6 and they got my mail Dec 16. Snail mail ;)

devie24

Dec 21, 2011
Hi
I applied for my TRV on 22 November, 2011 and I sent my documents by fedex from Canada and my documents were received in Seattle consulate on November 23, 2011.
It's been a month and I haven't received any response yet . :( How long is it taking to get the TRV and what is the processing time now days??

icycool

Apr 13, 2011
devie24 said:
Hi
I applied for my TRV on 22 November, 2011 and I sent my documents by fedex from Canada and my documents were received in Seattle consulate on November 23, 2011.
It's been a month and I haven't received any response yet . :( How long is it taking to get the TRV and what is the processing time now days??
Most ppl in this site said around 30 days so maybe your passport on the way back to you or they will finished your paper so soon. Do you request to send it back via Fedex,too? Pls keep update
PS. According you will reach estimate processing time <30 days> you can email them and ask, they will reply you who reach 30 days :)
Thanks

devie24

Dec 21, 2011
@icycool..
I got response from them on December 22, 2011 saying my passport was mailed back on December 8, 2011 and till today I haven't received my passport. I had sent the fedex airway bill along with my documents to mail back but the consulate people have used USPS first class mail and I don't know where my passport is at the moment. I am so frustrated and tensed .. Grrrr :'( :mad:

lucyfun

Jul 14, 2011
devie24 said:
@ icycool..
I got response from them on December 22, 2011 saying my passport was mailed back on December 8, 2011 and till today I haven't received my passport. I had sent the fedex airway bill along with my documents to mail back but the consulate people have used USPS first class mail and I don't know where my passport is at the moment. I am so frustrated and tensed .. Grrrr :'( :mad:
I sent my document to Seattle on 28th Nov.by Fedex.Havent reciced yet .pls keep posting
thanks