+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary public policy to facilitate the granting of permanent residence for French-speaking foreign nationals in Canada, outside of Quebec, with a r

Djihane_15

May 2, 2021
Hi,

I wanted a clarification for this new policy. I have a bachelor from Canada and speak french. I am now doing my PhD and therefore under a study permit. In one of the requirements for this new program, they require you to be employed or be authorized to work (cited below). Anyone knows if working as a teaching assistant under your study permit counts or do they mean have a work permit?

1. Be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work pursuant to the Act and Regulations at the time the application for permanent residence is received and must not be self-employed, unless working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority. This employment must meet the definition of work under subsection 73(2)of the Regulations
Thanks

SeanSong91

Apr 25, 2021
You need to be currently employed at the time the application is submitted and yes if you were authorized to work you can count the experience as well.

Reactions: Djihane_15

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I am authorized to work with my study permit so would this count you think?
First, that job must be earning salary or commision. Secondly, I see requirement is silent whether full time job or PT. On assumption that it is a full time, then regulation requires minimum 30hrs a week job. If i were in your position, provided TA is paid job and is not requirement for completion of your phd, i would apply...

Reactions: Djihane_15

Djihane_15

May 2, 2021
First, that job must be earning salary or commision. Secondly, I see requirement is silent whether full time job or PT. On assumption that it is a full time, then regulation requires minimum 30hrs a week job. If i were in your position, provided TA is paid job and is not requirement for completion of your phd, i would apply...
Thanks!