+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Mailing Address in Toronto for PR Card - Leon, PMM ??

ianwar

Dec 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am planing for landing in Toronto next week sometime. I will only stay there over the weekend and then will come back to USA to wrap up things and then will move to Canada in 2-3 months. I know I need an address to receive my PR card in Canada. I do not have any friend or relative in Canada. Can I use any "Rent a Mailing address service/ Temporary Mailing Address in Canada" like http://www.mailnetwork.com/atemporary.html

They charge $50 + Shipping to receive one letter or one parcel. Any idea if this service or other similar services are secure and Immigration people will accept it? It is not a mail box address but a street address.

Your name here
2135A des Laurentides Blvd.
Laval, QC H7M 4M2
Canada

Any advice or experiences?
OR Can I give the address of my lawyer in Canada to receive my PR Card?

Thanks!

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Its not a Must you provide an address if you wont have

I think you can tell the IO at the port of entry to live a dash on address and then when you return to canada there is a form you can oget which has a fax no on it and you can complete it and send it through

Another thing is that if you intend to return before six months you could ask them so that you can collect it at the airport ( not sure where but at the immigrations)

No harm in asking to make arrangements, i wont risk losing pr card if i were you

Good luck