+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temp work permit applications 2013, CIC islamabad Pakistan

Vincy123

Jul 13, 2014
Hi FKL,

Please help me with my query, I worked in London for 2 years in Hotel and came back to India in April 2014. Since April I am not working anywhere, now I,ll get LMO by next month. Unemployment gap of 6 months could affect my work permit ?? Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hi Vincy123,

Yes - unfortunately it has a very strong impact. Being currently unemployed in home country serves as a weak tie to home country. There might be exceptions but generally it is a red flag

Vincy123

Jul 13, 2014
Thanks for your reply. I,ll start working now from September. It should be alright ?? I am worried now bro....

Please reply fkl

KRMALIK

May 8, 2014
hi
alhamdulilah
we have received email yesterday from embassy that application of work permit have been approved
it was really n truly long wait of more than 6 months

my wife was the main applicant and we applied together on 24th of jan 2014
yesterday they sent email that application has been approved and now we waiting for the VAC Islamabad for to call us to pickup passport and remaining documents
may be it will get we bcz of the political situation in Islamabad
hope for the best to settle down the situation in Islamabad
at last the wait is over
thanks every one

ns2014

Sep 12, 2014
Hi,

First of all thanks for creating this informative forum.

I applied for my work permit via VAC office in Islamabad on 25 Feb 2014 my application was forwarded to Canadian High commission on 26 Feb 2014. Since then the only update I have got are answers to my application status emails to the high commission in which they have given a file number and stated its 'in process and under review'. Last response was this week. I had taken a upfront medical exam via the designated facility in Islamabad and submitted that along with my application .

Can someone please let me know how long it can take further? I have seen on CIC website for Pakistan its 6 months. But in my case its been more then 6 months.

Secondly should I have received any acknowledgement or more detail updates, other than the file number in the email responses, from the high commission by now?

I am really worried why its taking this long.

Thanks.

KRMALIK

May 8, 2014
ns2014 said:
Hi,

First of all thanks for creating this informative forum.

I applied for my work permit via VAC office in Islamabad on 25 Feb 2014 my application was forwarded to Canadian High commission on 26 Feb 2014. Since then the only update I have got are answers to my application status emails to the high commission in which they have given a file number and stated its 'in process and under review'. Last response was this week. I had taken a upfront medical exam via the designated facility in Islamabad and submitted that along with my application .

Can someone please let me know how long it can take further? I have seen on CIC website for Pakistan its 6 months. But in my case its been more then 6 months.

Secondly should I have received any acknowledgement or more detail updates, other than the file number in the email responses, from the high commission by now?

I am really worried why its taking this long.

Thanks.

hi same situation that i was having hopefully u will in fews days bcz mine was took 6months 21 days
hope for the best from allah pak

ns2014

Sep 12, 2014
Thanks KRMALIK for your quick response. Puts my mind to rest (a little). Hoping for the best result soon INSHALLAH.

Congrats on your successful application

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Dear fkl and all Senior members plz help,
my consultant told me i have to apply online he sent me all the farms and said complete it and send to me
i will apply from canada to CIC.regarding fingerprint he said when CIC will request than you will go to islamabad for fingerprint.is it ok or for the online application we need fingerprint before applying.plz reply me sooner if possible. many THANKS to all of YOU.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@sttk, i already responded on the "online application for work permit" thread where you posted the same question.

Sidd12345

Apr 13, 2013
Is anyone currently working in Canada and apply for a spouse OWP from Pakistan recently?

If yes, please share your experience and timeline if the application is ongoing or completed.

Thanks!

hashmiuw

Feb 12, 2014
Did you hear anything regarding your application ? Some ppl are saying that CHC Islamabad is closed due to Dharna ? Do you know any thing ?

ns2014

Sep 12, 2014
More than 7 months. Last I heard was early Sep when CIC said via email: under process and review. Can anyone confirm if CHC in Islamabad is open or close?

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
Hello Guys,

How are you ? Sorry this is not answer of any of questions above. But I would like any experts advice or idea actually I submitted my TWP application online 11 weeks ago and I am still waiting any idea about how long it will take I am from Lahore Pakistan. Secondly I want to confirm if medical is required for TWP ?

Many Thanks,
Sonu Ahmad

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@sonuahmad,

11 weeks is not a lot. TWP can easily take 4 - 6 months from Pakistan. But 4 is a good expectation if you have a good case.

Sure, medicals are required for twp - in fact any kind of visa except a short visit (max allowing six month stay would require medicals).