Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
hello guys,

I Just want to share my experience. I did not get the temporary insurance( my mistake). But my OHIP coverage started on 5th October. And the very next day i had to visit a hospital as my left index finger got infected as i pricked it with a rusted wire at work. I was not covered by the employer as i am a temporary employee. But i was fortunate as all was done under my health coverage. Otherwise it would cost me about 500CAD. So get the temporary insurance as ones Luck may run out any time. A simple ambulance ride in 240 CAD.....

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear qorax

I read a post from HMISABPK

content of his post

********************************************************************************

Hi,

If you are not having any medical insurance for the period of 3 month (after landing) till you will get your Health card. There will be no problem according to the Nurse in charge in Ontario health care department (I just spoke with her this morning). According to her....
You can go to any near by health center for any medical treatment in emergency or routine medical check up if you got any medical problem it will be free of charge, in case if you have to pay for some investigation or other fees, later on when you will get your health card you can claim and it will be pay back to you later (according to her), except cosmetic/beautification surgery, dental treatment and drugs bill / charges.

Some of private doctor are charging only $ 30-50 for check up, drug will be extra.

To check the heath related information, location of the health care center or health care cards update in Ontario province
please long in to

ontario.ca/health

or

health.gov.on.ca/en/

Best regards.

HMISABPK

********************************************************************************

Now my question so can i come without health insurance and if god forbid something happens to me i visit the hospital and pay them

Later i claim it back from them when i get my health card.

how true is this.

waiting for ur reply.

my decision of taking an insurance will be taken from ur advice.

see u in few weeks in toronto

best regards

djsunman

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
djsunman said:
Dear qorax

I read a post from HMISABPK

content of his post

Hi,

If you are not having any medical insurance for the period of 3 month (after landing) till you will get your Health card. There will be no problem according to the Nurse in charge in Ontario health care department (I just spoke with her this morning). According to her....
You can go to any near by health center for any medical treatment in emergency or routine medical check up if you got any medical problem it will be free of charge, in case if you have to pay for some investigation or other fees, later on when you will get your health card you can claim and it will be pay back to you later (according to her), except cosmetic/beautification surgery, dental treatment and drugs bill / charges.

Some of private doctor are charging only $ 30-50 for check up, drug will be extra.

To check the heath related information, location of the health care center or health care cards update in Ontario province
please long in to

ontario.ca/health
or
health.gov.on.ca/en/

Best regards.

HMISABPK

Now my question so can i come without health insurance and if god forbid something happens to me i visit the hospital and pay them Later i claim it back from them when i get my health card.

how true is this.

waiting for ur reply. my decision of taking an insurance will be taken from ur advice. see u in few weeks in toronto

best regards

djsunman
As far as I know, that refund won't be coming.

ankipanki

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Hi Qorax

I have some questions?

1) Does the OHIP card even comes after 3 months period? Should we buy the medical insurance only for 3 months or to be on a safe side buy it for 4 months?

2) Which Temp medical insurance did u take when you came in?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ankipanki said:
Hi Qorax

I have some questions?

1) Does the OHIP card even comes after 3 months period? Should we buy the medical insurance only for 3 months or to be on a safe side buy it for 4 months?

2) Which Temp medical insurance did u take when you came in?
1. OHIP commences after 90 days of landing... but, the Card comes in your mail box within a week.
2. I took AXA from Dubai, for 90 days.
3. Wouldn't know, depends on the country u come-in from. However, AXA is pretty good.

Qorax
*The OHIP receipt suffices for Clinic services sans the card.

ankipanki

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Hey Qorax...

I am unable to understand how does the local health insurance from home country help us in case there is any medical emergency in canada?

I don't have a return ticket so can I take local insurance from home country?

please advice

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ankipanki said:
Hey Qorax...

I am unable to understand how does the local health insurance from home country help us in case there is any medical emergency in canada?

I don't have a return ticket so can I take local insurance from home country?

please advice
Those insurances r provided by 'international brands'... they have a system of validating the overseas claims.
Qorax

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Qorax

I could not locate a Insurance providet from India who is willing to provide the insurance cover for immigrants for more than 60 days.

They can provide travle insurance to non immigrants for up to 6 months.

Any suggestions

ankipanki

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
qorax said:
Those insurances r provided by 'international brands'... they have a system of validating the overseas claims.
Qorax
Thanks Qorax for replying!! If I don't have the return ticket, then can I take the insurance from home country which I have seen is cheaper than the temp insurance in Canada?

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Hi Qorax
Correct me if I am wrong, if you are a returning landed immigrant (landed some months before, returned to home country, back again to live), then the only option would be international travel insurance as the in-Canada ones are only possible within the very first days after landing. Then a return ticket would be required for the travel insurance thing, what is the best option in this case then?

Thanks
WPC71

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
wpc71 said:
Hi Qorax
Correct me if I am wrong, if you are a returning landed immigrant (landed some months before, returned to home country, back again to live), then the only option would be international travel insurance as the in-Canada ones are only possible within the very first days after landing. Then a return ticket would be required for the travel insurance thing, what is the best option in this case then?

Thanks
WPC71
YES, the 'newcomers insurance' providers here work with the 'newly landed' immigrants -- but, some of them provide for 'returning residents' as well... check those links, there r some in those for your case as well.

Qorax

jiteng02

Dec 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Scotland
NOC Code......
Dear Qorax,

Please guide me as to whether it is right to move to Canada in mid of January, especially when we have a 6 year old daughter with us. If in case, we decide to move, what kind of preparations we need.

Kindly reply soon, i shall be highly grateful.

Thansk in advance.

Jitender Verma
India
+919814008830

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jiteng02 said:
Dear Qorax,

Please guide me as to whether it is right to move to Canada in mid of January, especially when we have a 6 year old daughter with us. If in case, we decide to move, what kind of preparations we need.

Kindly reply soon, i shall be highly grateful.

Thansk in advance.

Jitender Verma
India
+919814008830
In my opinion one should move the soonest s/he receives the PRVs... it doesn't matter what month, what season it is. (1)Nothing stops here during the winters; (2)We have to face the winters anyway within a couple of months - so what's the point in avoiding it initially?

Qorax