Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
anushauc said:
Qorax ,

I have almost zeroed in on Bajaj Allianz travel health insurance .. They are not insisting on a return ticket , in fact I clearly told them I am moving to Canada as an immigrant ( I hope they understood that !! )
They have a 90 day policy , Travel Elite Gold ...

http://bajajallianz.com/BagicCorp/bajaj_home/pdf/brochure/travel_elite_br.pdf

Just not sure if its the right policy ... Any words of advice .. What else shud we chk for ?

Hi,

Allianz is a damn good & Reputed Insurer, thus their Bajaj JV should be fine too. But remember, a Travel Insurance is for short term travels, albeit with a rider on returning to the initiating station. So, a Return Tkt is a prerequisite.

Yes, they understand the Canadian PR situation & thus extend this facility to us, all the time, under all insurers. However, u cannot claim the bills in Canada. We need to spend from our pockets & reclaim it in our initiating city/country. That's the procedure, with all insurers, unlike the Newcomer's Policies inside Canada. So, if u do not obtain a return tkt, things might be in jeopardy. Even if they say it'd be fine. Note that they r driven to sell u their product. But once u r in a situation, u might be in a fix.

If u do not intend to obtain a Return Tkt, I'd advise u to get the Short Term Med Insurance in Canada. The day after u land.

Just an advisory note.

Qorax

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
Thanks Qorax from my side as well. I too needed that answer !!

Canadian4U

May 12, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Hi,

Allianz is a damn good & Reputed Insurer, thus their Bajaj JV should be fine too. But remember, a Travel Insurance is for short term travels, albeit with a rider on returning to the initiating station. So, a Return Tkt is a prerequisite.

Yes, they understand the Canadian PR situation & thus extend this facility to us, all the time, under all insurers. However, u cannot claim the bills in Canada. We need to spend from our pockets & reclaim it in our initiating city/country. That's the procedure, with all insurers, unlike the Newcomer's Policies inside Canada. So, if u do not obtain a return tkt, things might be in jeopardy. Even if they say it'd be fine. Note that they r driven to sell u their product. But once u r in a situation, u might be in a fix.

If u do not intend to obtain a Return Tkt, I'd advise u to get the Short Term Med Insurance in Canada. The day after u land.

Just an advisory note.

Qorax
Dear Qorax,

Pls accept +1(Good) from me... Your knowledge base is like a sea and it is really really great help to all the forum members.

Thanks for all such useful information.

Regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Canadian4U said:
Dear Qorax,

Pls accept +1(Good) from me... Your knowledge base is like a sea and it is really really great help to all the forum members.

Thanks for all such useful information.

Regards
My pleasure, bro. ++

Qorax

A

anushauc

qorax said:
Hi,

Just an advisory note.

Qorax

Thanks for the wonderful insights Qorax Bro.
Can you suggest the best insurance plan / scheme if I am to take one post landing ( the next day ).
Its only me and my husband ( both under 30 ) and generally fit, except probably flu / throat issues due to the colder climate ( which we expect ! )

Thanks again Bro.
AnushaUC

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
anushauc said:
Thanks for the wonderful insights Qorax Bro.
Can you suggest the best insurance plan / scheme if I am to take one post landing ( the next day ).
Its only me and my husband ( both under 30 ) and generally fit, except probably flu / throat issues due to the colder climate ( which we expect ! )

Thanks again Bro.
AnushaUC
Ma'am,

The 3 Insurance Providers mentioned in the Original Post r the best, recommended by CLHIO & often used by many here. U may desire to safely select either of them.

Regards,
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
The CLHIA Health Brochure

Read on, here...
http://www.clhia.ca/download/Health_Brochure_EN.pdf

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
University of Toronto Recommended Health Insurer

Note:
UT recommends many like the one below, but do not Endorse or Promote any of them.

Greenshield Canada's Prism Spectra Health Plan:
http://www.greenshield.ca/English/ProductsAndServices/Products/Individual/PrismSpectra.htm

This is a good one. The Plan Details & their Rates r in the site above.
Qorax

A

anushauc

qorax said:
University of Toronto Recommended Health Insurer

Note:
UT recommends many like the one below, but do not Endorse or Promote any of them.

Greenshield Canada's Prism Spectra Health Plan:
http://www.greenshield.ca/English/ProductsAndServices/Products/Individual/PrismSpectra.htm

This is a good one. The Plan Details & their Rates r in the site above.
Qorax
Thanks Bro Qorax. You are a gem. Appreciate all your help and efforts on this forum :)

-AnushaUC

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
L - 7.5, R - 6.5, W - 6.5, S - 8.0, Ov. All. - 7
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-08-2010 PP submitted: 14-09-2010 Decision made: 05-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2010 VISA RCVD...: 24-10-2010
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
Dear Qorax
Is there any for Bangladeshi Applicants ???

swapnochary

swaps82

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Hello! Everyone,
I spoke to ICICI Lombard in Mumbai, India is offering only 60 days policy for people holding PR visa who have only one way ticket. Is it recommended to take ICICI or any other insurance policy from here? Can anybody travelled from India advise which is the best insurance policy to buy, it is for me & my wife (28 yrs). As, Qoarx has already well mentioned about few insurance companies in Canada we will surely shortlist one after reaching Canada.

Can please somebody guide me for the same...

Thanks & Regards
Swaps82.

A

anushauc

swaps82 said:
Hello! Everyone,
I spoke to ICICI Lombard in Mumbai, India is offering only 60 days policy for people holding PR visa who have only one way ticket. Is it recommended to take ICICI or any other insurance policy from here? Can anybody travelled from India advise which is the best insurance policy to buy, it is for me & my wife (28 yrs). As, Qoarx has already well mentioned about few insurance companies in Canada we will surely shortlist one after reaching Canada.

Can please somebody guide me for the same...

Thanks & Regards
Swaps82.
Check with Bajaj Alliance & Tata AIG.
We had Bajaj Alliance.

swaps82

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Hello! Anushauc,
Thanks for ur reply..Can you tell me how much did (Bajaj Allianz) cost you? i am looking for myself & my spouse..

Thanks

Swaps.