Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aal_ said:
I thought CLB 7 was enough to prove a tie and that's it. Well live and learn
That is the catch with New Brunswick. On their official page they only state as one of the possibilities to be Francophone. But they do not state the details. However during the Destination Canada Job Fair, they had a document with requirements for French speakers without job offer. And there it was stated CBL8 or higher.
From there I also know about that other non EE stream with them.

neoagain

Oct 19, 2015
vensak said:
That is the catch with New Brunswick. On their official page they only state as one of the possibilities to be Francophone. But they do not state the details. However during the Destination Canada Job Fair, they had a document with requirements for French speakers without job offer. And there it was stated CBL8 or higher.
From there I also know about that other non EE stream with them.
CLB 8 is a very high score especially for a learner ::)

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question:

should I learn francais france or francais quebecois? I dont knw much of either but I heard they are a bit different

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
popoxee said:
Question:

should I learn francais france or francais quebecois? I dont knw much of either but I heard they are a bit different
French French is ok.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
popoxee said:
Question:

learn french from france if you want to pass the TEF and if you wanto be a true francophone.
after you master french then you can move to quebecois if you want to work or live in quebec.

mr_j936

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
This is a very useful thread, I hope everyone keeps updating it with their results.
I am preparing for the TEF as well/refreshing my french skills (I was a french student in high school a long time ago, I can understand reading and listening very well but have a hard time finding words to speak now)
In any case, I was using the android application francais3.0 to practice TEF(as it is recommended on their site) can anyone tell me if the level of questions in that app is close to the exam level? I had to pay like 10$ to unlock all the modules in it, some of the listening questions seemed impossible to me, they give a long and very confusing passage, then ask a question that seems almost completely unrelated to the topic at hand, or ask about something that should be deduced from something else the user was talking about...

I hope not many questions are like that in the real exam.
Also, when they say you go C1 on reading (or whatever score) they don't give you the exact number of points? It would be very confusing to know if you got the Canadian requirements or not by just saying the letter rank...

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_j936 said:
This is a very useful thread, I hope everyone keeps updating it with their results.
I am preparing for the TEF as well/refreshing my french skills (I was a french student in high school a long time ago, I can understand reading and listening very well but have a hard time finding words to speak now)
In any case, I was using the android application francais3.0 to practice TEF(as it is recommended on their site) can anyone tell me if the level of questions in that app is close to the exam level? I had to pay like 10$ to unlock all the modules in it, some of the listening questions seemed impossible to me, they give a long and very confusing passage, then ask a question that seems almost completely unrelated to the topic at hand, or ask about something that should be deduced from something else the user was talking about...

Also, when they say you go C1 on reading (or whatever score) they don't give you the exact number of points? It would be very confusing to know if you got the Canadian requirements or not by just saying the letter rank...
They'll give you the exact number of points once you receive your test results.

jumibk

Jan 23, 2017
@helena21
Please can I get this material as well? My email is jumibk at gmail.com. Thank you so much; I would really appreciate it. I have my test in 4 weeks.

I wrote my email that way because it doesn't let me post links

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
Hello! This is me jumping the bandwagon to learn French, and grab those 30 points, hopefully by next year, same time. I am not starting from scratch, but it is been a while since I last bothered about French.

A Votre Sante! (my keyboard does not have conjugations!)

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
I have both TEF books, let me know if you want them.

Cheers :)
Hi DelPiero07,

I'm preparing for TEF. Request you share the books with me at yes.i.candoitmyfriend@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.
NRY

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_j936 said:

hi quebec uses the "letter rank" to evaluate candidates.
however, the federal government uses the number of points to determine your CLB, it can take several attempts if you are not a native french speaker, but it is possible.