+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Teacher of history

larraine

Feb 24, 2011
Hi
I am a teacher of History/Geography in a seconday school in England. I want to move to Alberta with my two children ages 21 and 16. We have no family in Canada but we do have friends. I have been looking for teaching jobs but there never seems to be anything for History/Geog. Do they not each such subjects in Canada?? I would be willing to teach other subjects as I have taught RE and Citizenship before. I would also be willing to teach English as an additional language. Can anyone help. :)

Larraine

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
I would also be willing to teach English as an additional language
Not quite sure about your chances in ESL. However what I've heard is that pay is lousy and that brits and aussies are not so welcome because of the accent.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you are better off teaching English in Japan or China as most people in Canada speak English as their first language anyway

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depending on the region you're targetting to move to within Alberta go online to the local Teaching Boards to see further information.

Each province has slightly different requirements, so I would also go to the Alberta Teachers Federation site to glean further information:

http://www.teachers.ab.ca/Pages/Home.aspx

They have a whole section on Teaching in Alberta.