+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TB test procedures - Medical examination

TC

Jul 3, 2014
I was found to have a scar on my lung when taking a medical exam for my work permit visa. I was then required to have sputum collected for TB culture. The result is negative after 10 weeks and I was required to have the 2nd X-ray 3 months after the initial chest X-ray. The scar is still there but found to be stable. Not, it's been more than 2 weeks after the 2nd X-ray, I have not heard from CIC. From my account online, it's still shown "Action is required" under Medical Information. I am very nervous as I've heard some applicants are required to have the 3rd X-ray or the 2nd sputum test. Is that true?

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Do you know the timeline for getting medical approval from RMO Manila? Thanks.

TC

Jul 3, 2014
I was found to have a scar on my lung when taking a medical exam for my work permit visa. I was then required to have sputum collected for TB culture. The result is negative after 10 weeks and I was required to have the 2nd X-ray 3 months after the initial chest X-ray. The scar is still there but found to be stable. Now, it's been 3 weeks after the 2nd X-ray, I have not heard from CIC. From my account online, it's still shown "Action is required" under Medical Information. I am very nervous as I've heard some applicants are required to have the 3rd X-ray or the 2nd sputum test. Is that true?

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Do you know the timeline for getting medical approval from RMO Manila? Thanks.

jassig

Star Member
Jun 18, 2011
TC said:
I was found to have a scar on my lung when taking a medical exam for my work permit visa. I was then required to have sputum collected for TB culture. The result is negative after 10 weeks and I was required to have the 2nd X-ray 3 months after the initial chest X-ray. The scar is still there but found to be stable. Now, it's been 3 weeks after the 2nd X-ray, I have not heard from CIC. From my account online, it's still shown "Action is required" under Medical Information. I am very nervous as I've heard some applicants are required to have the 3rd X-ray or the 2nd sputum test. Is that true?

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Do you know the timeline for getting medical approval from RMO Manila? Thanks

hey don't worry at all its might be more testes and more time but u wont get rejected there are also tests even after land up they just want to make sure it is not active TB]

MSDEETAN

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
CC 26-11-2014
Nomination.....
PER 23-12-2014
Med's Request
May 8, 2015
Med's Done....
May 15, 2015 started
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
February 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 2016
LANDED..........
May 4 2016
TC said:
It was done long time ago. Everything was fine. I am now in Canada on work permit visa.
What happened before you got your visa? Did you get 2nd sputum? Were you required to undergo treatment?