+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tax return from outside

prem1965

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Please clarrify my situation is this .

My self ,my wife and son landed in june 2009 and stayed for about four months and left canada .whether we have to file tax retrun.is it possible to file retrun from outside.can we trust some consultant and reveal all information like PR,SIN details.

1.Me and mywife have a joint bank account.
2.We do have a valid credit card.
3.we registered a small business but no operations.

what about world wide income.paying tax on world wide income will be of any help.

pls advise or put us to some consultant.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
You can do such a simple tax return yourselves; no need for a consultant. Look up CRA Canada on the Internet, and print a tax return form off their website. Or easier yet, look up Quicktax and (if possible) download it from the Internet. Otherwise, get someone to send you a disk. It will save hours of paperwork.

You are taxable on income generated in Canada for the entire year, but taxable on worldwide income (outside Canada) only while you were in Canada.

Your registered company -- was it incorporated? In that case get Quicktax for businesses and submit a separate return. If your business was a sole proprietorship, then any income from it is included in your personal tax return. But as you say, there were no operations, so no income to declare. You might be able to claim business expenses against any personal income, in case you need these deductions.

I believe you can pay for it and download it over the Internet. Same for your personal tax return(s).

Good luck.

prem1965

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Thank you for your detailed reply.We dont know how to thank you.

I can file through quicktax. Can I do it online or I have to post it.for all three one return is enough or I have download three editions of Quicktax.
our is a partnership company. Also please clarrify if I file late say.next year.will it be ok or punishable.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Thank you for your detailed reply.We dont know how to thank you.

I can file through quicktax. Can I do it online or I have to post it.

I have never e-filed my return (the term Quicktax uses), but try it.

for all three one return is enough or I have download three editions of Quicktax.
One edition of Quicktax allows you to prepare up to 8 separate returns.

our is a partnership company.
A partnership is different from a sole proprietorship.
You might need a tax accountant for this; I am not familiar with partnerships, and don`t want to give you bad advice.

Also please clarrify if I file late say.next year.will it be ok or punishable.
Filing late is OK if you don`t owe taxes. But you pay 7 percent interest on any tax due but not paid by the April 30 deadline (for personal returns). To know whether you will owe taxes, you`ll need to do a rough tax return anyway, so why not spend an extra few minutes and get it done before the deadlineÉ

prem1965

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Once agaian thank you from us.I tried with an online consultant and also taxback.com.they suggested me since no income no need to pay any tax as well file return.any how as you advised let me check with some one and do the proper thing.