+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tax File

OCT2014

Oct 20, 2014
Hi,
I am on work permit and I have full time job.I also have filled for Permanent residency of Canada under CEC class in 2014.
If i want to receive money from India to my bank in Canada through wire transfer up to $25000,do i have to file in the tax.
Do I have to provide any documentation/proof why I need this much money here?

I am not sure if it is a right place to ask in this forum.

Thanks in Advance

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
if its from a spouse to support u, u should keep the recepit for a proff, bcz u can calim that for tax purposes, but then again it depends on ur income and other things as well.

xecuter

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OCT2014 said:
Hi,
I am on work permit and I have full time job.I also have filled for Permanent residency of Canada under CEC class in 2014.
If i want to receive money from India to my bank in Canada through wire transfer up to $25000,do i have to file in the tax.

Thanks in Advance
No you don't need to provide anything.

This does not count as an income on your income tax.

Cheers

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
OCT2014 said:
Hi,

It depends on the source of that $25,000. If it is for income earned overseas while being a resident of Canada, then yes, it is taxable income. But if it's from your own savings/income earned before coming to Canada, then no, it is not taxable. Gifts/inheritances are generally not taxable. So... it depends....

And yes, there is a separate forum for taxation questions.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canadian-finance-and-taxation-b25.0/

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
jes_ON said:
It depends on the source of that $25,000. If it is for income eared overseas while being a resident of Canada, then yes, it is taxable income. But if it's from your own savings/income earned before coming to Canada, then no, it is not taxable. Gifts/inheritances are generally not taxable. So... it depends....

And yes, there is a separate forum for taxation questions.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canadian-finance-and-taxation-b25.0/
I second that. Very well answered jes_ON. +1