Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Hi Guys
After a lot of thought and changing my mind, I've decided to take the chance.
My husband applied to sponsor me in June. Heard nothing yet, ecas won't even let me log in yet with my client ID.
So, I'm taking the chance and going to ireland for 10 days vacation.
I know its a big risk but it might be the only chance my Father gets to see his grandson. My Dad isn't well.
So,-Im going to fly out in a week or so with my 4 month old baby. And get back to Canada (hopefully) just before xmas. I'm hoping the officals at the border will understand that we want to spend xmas with my husband. It will be our sons first christmas.
I will have my receipt for fees paid and an email from UPS confirming my papers were received.
Wish me luck !!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm just wondering why you decided to do an inland rather than an outland application? Going through the London VO, which I assume you'd be doing given that you're from Ireland, you would have had a chance of being done or close to done, given that London finalizes 80% of applications within 7 months.

Anyway, best of luck to you on your return into Canada. Yes, it's a risk, but I think only a minority of people are denied entry. It sounds like you will be traveling alone with your baby (is s/he a Canadian citizen by any chance?) and your husband will stay in Canada. I would suggest strongly you cross the border with your husband (CIC is definetely not in business to blatantly break up families and a husband and wife with a baby showing up at the border is pretty obvious proof of a family) and bring all your documents with you including your marriage license, your husband's proof of employment/income, and a copy of anything you've sent to or received from the CIC. Don't freak out if they take you into that "special back room." Hopefully they'll be in the holiday spirit and will be understanding of the fact that you had to visit a dying family member.

And you might want to sign up for e-cas tracker. I don't know why you're unable to sign in to e-cas 5 months after your file was received, though it's true I'm not familiar with how e-cas works for inlanders.

irishred said:
Hi Guys
After a lot of thought and changing my mind, I've decided to take the chance.
My husband applied to sponsor me in June. Heard nothing yet, ecas won't even let me log in yet with my client ID.
So, I'm taking the chance and going to ireland for 10 days vacation.
I know its a big risk but it might be the only chance my Father gets to see his grandson. My Dad isn't well.
So,-Im going to fly out in a week or so with my 4 month old baby. And get back to Canada (hopefully) just before xmas. I'm hoping the officals at the border will understand that we want to spend xmas with my husband. It will be our sons first christmas.
I will have my receipt for fees paid and an email from UPS confirming my papers were received.
Wish me luck !!

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Hi
Yes I'm sorry now I didn't apply through London.
I need to call CIC tomorrow. I've tried to sign in to e-cas and still no luck. I have my client ID from my original work permit but it won't let me sign in. I just put in the 8 numbers and nothing. I have also tried my receipt number and still nothing.

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
I should have mentioned too that my husband can't travel with me due to work so we are trying to come up with the best way for him to meet me before I hit the officals at the border.

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Oh yes, I also forgot to say that yes our son is a Canadian citizen.

lucky rain

Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
19-12-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2012
LANDED..........
02-06-2012
irishred said:
Hi
Yes I'm sorry now I didn't apply through London.
I need to call CIC tomorrow. I've tried to sign in to e-cas and still no luck. I have my client ID from my original work permit but it won't let me sign in. I just put in the 8 numbers and nothing. I have also tried my receipt number and still nothing.
I believe that in this stage (suppose still waiting for sponsorship approval ) you can log on only with your husbands ID or file no. , this stage is not about you but him as a sponsor

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Hi Lucky Rain
Yes I suppose that would make sence.
I will call them tomorrow as my husband has neither a file number or Client ID number.

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
I just tried logging in to ecas using our receipt and my husbands details ......still no luck.

lucky rain

Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
19-12-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2012
LANDED..........
02-06-2012
I couldn`t do it with receipt no too, I had to use file no. or UCI no. , wait till tomorrow call them and ask at least they can give you UCI no. and you can ask them for an advice in your situation, why not?!

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Yes , I think its the best thing I can do.
Will drive me crazy otherwise !!
Will post an update tonorrow......hopefully with some news or at least some information.

Irish Colleen

Star Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th December 2011
File Transfer...
7th February 2012
Med's Done....
9th December 2011
LANDED..........
20th May 2012
Good Luck! Hope things go well for you.....

My husband and I are just about ready now to send in our paperwork, we are going the Outland route and it has been a long hard slog getting it all together. So I'm hoping to visit Ireland and the UK in the spring after our first stage approval!

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Hi
Well I called CIC this morning.
Told me they haven't looked at our file yet so they can't give me a file number or my husband a Client ID number.
Told me if we haven't heard anything by next JUNE , to call them back.

Hi Irish Colleen. Thanks. Wish I had done it the other way now. Definately don't go Inland application.
The only reason I did was because I was pregnant and wanted to keep my medical etc.

Irish Colleen

Star Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th December 2011
File Transfer...
7th February 2012
Med's Done....
9th December 2011
LANDED..........
20th May 2012
Ah hope it all goes well with your Dad and that you have no problems getting back here. Keep us informed!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ah, yes, I totally forgot (outland-mode here), it takes 11-12 months for the initial assessment (step 1 and the equivalent of the sponsorship approval for outlanders, currently taking about 2 months). For that first stage, they're working on applications received December 13, 2010 (meaning those that applied on that day and earlier should have received initial assessment), so you have some more waiting to do if you applied in June. It then takes approximately 8 months for the 2nd phase in the process.

Sign up for e-cas tracker, put in all your and your spouse's information, and it will email you when it is able to log you in. Also consider ordering FOSS notes (these are the GCMS notes for inlanders). Even if it does not have much information about your file yet, it will include information from border entries, meaning this is a good way to see what the border officers think of you, probably useful given this upcoming trip you're taking.
irishred said:
Hi
Well I called CIC this morning.
Told me they haven't looked at our file yet so they can't give me a file number or my husband a Client ID number.
Told me if we haven't heard anything by next JUNE , to call them back.

Hi Irish Colleen. Thanks. Wish I had done it the other way now. Definately don't go Inland application.
The only reason I did was because I was pregnant and wanted to keep my medical etc.

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
How do I go about getting the FOSS notes ?
Sounds like a good idea seeing as I'm going to take the risk !!
Thanks