+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

T4 Slip || Unpaid leave

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi ,

I came to canada last year on a work permit . However, I had taken unpaid leave for roughly 5 weeks due to change in plans / settlement in canada / and some health issues. So I have payslip only for the month of December 2009. I have all my payslips in order for the year 2010 till date. Now I have received a T4 which reflects correctly my total tax. etc for last year.

I am going to apply for PR. Will it be problem as I dont have payslip for NOV 2009 ?

westjet

Jan 8, 2010
Your job letter should say how much your salary was? If it is not same, which it wont be since you took 5 weeks vacation, get a letter from employer that it was approved leave of absence. If you have medical reports or doctor's certificate include that as well. I know because CIC made my case messy because of unpaid vacation.
As long as you have one year of experience, you should be good to go.
It's good to provide them all clear details in order for faster processing and getting your interview waived!
Good luck!

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Westjet,

One question ? Could you please detail out your case so that I get more understanding ? In which part of Entire PR Process should I send this information. I have sround 6+ years of Experience in two companies in India and around 5 months of continuous service here.
I spoke of couple of friends and got a feeling that it is better to send all the Payslips T4 etc. and then, only if required send the explanation else it will create more confusion.

Just to clarify I am continuing with the same Employer. I would get arranged employment letter from my Employer as well.

Cheers

manek

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should send explanation letter with all documents while sending to CHC in stage 2 (New delhi in your case I believe). As per my understanding in Arranged employment based PR you only need to send confirmation letter from current employer and your original employment contract with work permit copy. I have not seen even salary slips as requirement in New delhi check list.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Manek ,

Thanks for replying .
One clarification : Since I am residing in Canada my CHC visa office is Buffalo.
I also thought It could be Stage 2. But how about sending all the required docs and only sending Explanation later if required. As a friend of mine sent pay slips but there were certain gaps. But his case was accepted with no questions asked (2008 Feb - 2009 Jan ) . In his case he was fired from Job.

Please note that my case is better as Right from the start (Except 1st month) I have received all the payslips consistently.

The reason I don’t want to go with direct explanation route is to aviod mentioning extra details if this is small matter ( as it appears to me now) . However I would like know a bit more in details from Westjet . If it appears to be a big issue from his case than I would go with explanation straight away.

Cheers

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Manek,

Would like to add that you are right. Nowhere it is written as a mandatory requirement to send pay slips. It is generally recommeded to send pay slips.

Regards,
Lalit

manek

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) You have choice between New Delhi and Buffalo as you are Indian citizen. Now a days ND is way faster than buffalo. so its better to go for ND.
2) It is generally recommended to send salary slips because it proves that you are with same employer as mentioned in work permit after landing. You can choose to send everything without any explanation. But if IO will have doubts, it will just delay your case. It may be otherwise too, they can straightway go ahead.

lrow said:
Hi Manek ,

Thanks for replying .
One clarification : Since I am residing in Canada my CHC visa office is Buffalo.
I also thought It could be Stage 2. But how about sending all the required docs and only sending Explanation later if required. As a friend of mine sent pay slips but there were certain gaps. But his case was accepted with no questions asked (2008 Feb - 2009 Jan ) . In his case he was fired from Job.

Please note that my case is better as Right from the start (Except 1st month) I have received all the payslips consistently.

The reason I don't want to go with direct explanation route is to aviod mentioning extra details if this is small matter ( as it appears to me now) . However I would like know a bit more in details from Westjet . If it appears to be a big issue from his case than I would go with explanation straight away.

Cheers

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
lrow said:
Would like to add that you are right. Nowhere it is written as a mandatory requirement to send pay slips. It is generally recommeded to send pay slips.
Disagree. It is generally recommended that you send exactly what CIC asks for, no more, no less.

If you are applying under Cat 2, then your leave of absence is no cause for concern.

The only reason it might be a concern is if you do not have 1 year of continuous full-time employment in a skilled occupation. (Doesn't have to be in Canada, doesn't have to be in same NOC, but has to be in NOC O, A, or B). It does not look like that is the case for you, but if it is, let us know.

It appears that some local visa offices request payslips, but in general you would only need to submit them to Buffalo if you do not have the requested documentation (e.g. letter from employer). Review the visa-office specific instructions for required documents.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Jes,

Thanks . Just to confirm In my case I have 6 years of Experience in the NOC B.

Cheers

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Westjet,

Was your case same as mine. In terms of experience and NOC code etc.

cheers

AUH Process

Star Member
Feb 11, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2007
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a T4?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It's a Canadian employment document. It's an annual statement of wages earned and taxes paid for a tax year - you need it to file income taxes in Canada.

AUH Process

Star Member
Feb 11, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2007
jes_ON said:
It's a Canadian employment document. It's an annual statement of wages earned and taxes paid for a tax year - you need it to file income taxes in Canada.
Is it provided by the employer to the employee anually, or is it submitted from the company to the tax authorities?