+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

T4-got fired on probation period

BrettLY

Mar 26, 2024
So long story short, I wasn’t a good fit for the company and I got fired during my 3 months probation period.
I’m looking for new jobs and will be working soon.

My question is that I was paid in cheques after tax deduction for the time I worked there, so for next year when I do my taxes, do I need to prove this short employment to revenue Canada? Is it possible that I won’t have a T4 for this short period?

Sorry for sounding stupid, I’m just a student that doesn’t really know anything about taxes
Thanks!

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
So long story short, I wasn’t a good fit for the company and I got fired during my 3 months probation period.

My question is that I was paid in cheques after tax deduction for the time I worked there, so for next year when I do my taxes, do I need to prove this short employment to revenue Canada? Is it possible that I won’t have a T4 for this short period?

Sorry for sounding stupid, I’m just a student that doesn’t really know anything about taxes
Thanks!
You will get a T4 even if you only worked for a day (assuming your employer is legit paying taxes). I worked for a day at PC Financial but quit after a day (didn’t like selling credit cards)

Reactions: foodie69

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Thanks!
If the employer deducted taxes you’ll get a T4 and file it with your taxes

Reactions: foodie69