+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Switching schools/programs

teachme27

Apr 26, 2007
Hi all! I plan on applying to a couple of Universities in Toronto. My question is say I am accepted to 2 schools and I am granted a school visa, can I start out at one college and transfer to another. WouldI have to reapply for another student visa. The reason why I ask is because I may start out at one school and transfer if I dont lke the program. Its like goint to one school and completing your bacehlors and going on to your masters.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

teachme27 said:
Hi all! I plan on applying to a couple of Universities in Toronto. My question is say I am accepted to 2 schools and I am granted a school visa, can I start out at one college and transfer to another. WouldI have to reapply for another student visa. The reason why I ask is because I may start out at one school and transfer if I dont lke the program. Its like goint to one school and completing your bacehlors and going on to your masters.
As long as it is the same level of study and same type of school, i.e. degree granting,

"Retroactive Implementation:
As of January 31, 2005, all post-secondary students currently studying in Canada with a valid
study permit are also covered by this policy and do not need to apply to CIC in order to transfer
between institutions. This policy does not apply to students in Kindergarten to Grade 12
programming."

PMM