+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Surrey CIC Timeline

Sambathvip

Oct 18, 2014
cit_izen said:
You are a truly a positive person. Thank you . Your post made me smile
On that note: after 3 attempts, my fax still hasn't gone through because their lines are constantly busy :)
Hi Cit_izen: I am glad that my post could make you smile. Please update us when you have received letter for the Citizenship Ceremony. Best of the luck!

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Any updates on the timeline of Surrey CIC office ?

I live in Surrey and work in Vancouver. I apply for citizenship in December as I read some members think Surrey is one of the slowest offices in the country.

How does it compare to Vancouver?

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
colocho13 said:
Any updates on the timeline of Surrey CIC office ?

I live in Surrey and work in Vancouver. I apply for citizenship in December as I read some members think Surrey is one of the slowest offices in the country.

How does it compare to Vancouver?
Did you apply in December 2013 or will be applying in December 2014?
It seems like the newer applications are moving faster, even at Surrey office. A bit unfair but older applications are moving slower. I applied 14 months ago and still waiting for the test date. Vancouver is completely different, seems much faster than Surrey for sure. most of the Applicants in Vancouver office with the +/- same application date as mine have already passed the test and awaiting oath date (some of which already took the oath). I live in Maple Ridge and unfortunately my file is gathering dust in Surrey office.
There should be a link posted by one of the users in these forums containing an excel spreadsheet with timelines, if you can find it you will see the difference between Vancouver & Surrey offices.
Good Luck

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
So I called CIC 3 times, and each tiem I got different in information. Can someone please helps

Call 1: you have a non routine application because interviewer made you sign a consent saying she needs to check your CBSA records. This is because you admitted you had lost a passport and also because you travelled a lot. We received your result from CBSA on Oct 11. Your RCMP check has expired and will take upto 6 months to obtain RCMP check again. You need to wait for a year now.

Call 2: You do not have a non routine application. They have received your consent to obtain CBSA records. They have not yet received your CBSA reports.

Call 3: You are non routine. We are waiting for your results from ISS. Your RCMP expires on 20 Jan 2014.

When I asked the lady what ISS is...she did not know the full form. Said, it keeps track of your entry and exit to Canada.

What should I make of these bunch of jokers who just speak without thinking! Can anyone shed some light?

Applied june 2012
test aug 2014

Sambathvip

Oct 18, 2014
cit_izen said:
So I called CIC 3 times, and each tiem I got different in information. Can someone please helps

Call 1: you have a non routine application because interviewer made you sign a consent saying she needs to check your CBSA records. This is because you admitted you had lost a passport and also because you travelled a lot. We received your result from CBSA on Oct 11. Your RCMP check has expired and will take upto 6 months to obtain RCMP check again. You need to wait for a year now.

Call 2: You do not have a non routine application. They have received your consent to obtain CBSA records. They have not yet received your CBSA reports.

Call 3: You are non routine. We are waiting for your results from ISS. Your RCMP expires on 20 Jan 2014.

When I asked the lady what ISS is...she did not know the full form. Said, it keeps track of your entry and exit to Canada.

What should I make of these bunch of jokers who just speak without thinking! Can anyone shed some light?

Applied june 2012
test aug 2014
Hi cit_izen:

Let me tell you something: if CIC need some additional documents, they will contact you via mail or phone. So, don't rely on the information that you got from the call so much.

I know how you feel because I used to have the same feeling before I took the test. To be honest, every time I listen to audio or read the book I feel uncomfortable. But I tried hard and set a rule for myself to read the book one page per week or per 10 days. And keep trying...During that time I called CIC a couple times and got different results.

A friend of mine told me that if you keep calling CIC, they will not happy with you and it may make the situation worse (meaning the process will take even longer). However, I saw some comments in this forum saying that is not true. And I asked CIC agent about this too and the agent told me that calling CIC does not effect the process of the application.

After all, I talked to myself : "Why I am so frastrated about this? " "Why I let this problem to control me?" " Do I get any benefit to myself and my family from this frastration?", "What will change me from PR to Canadian " ... then, I calmed down and try to forget about this frastration and be happy. Eventually, I got an inviation letter for test. And I did the test last month. But, I still have to submit some document for verification of my residence in Canada (travel a couple times to USA and other countries), similar to your situation.

To be honest, I am also concerned about when I can get the oath too as my PR will expire soon. But I calm down and let the time fly and the situation go by its nature. I heard they told the other people that did the test with me that it will take about 3 to 5 months to get the oath letter. So, I will wait for this period if I don't get the letter for oath, I will renew my PR and wait and see.

If you beleive in God, Let's pray for God to help us....and be happy as our life is short and cannot be exchaged for the citizenship.

Hope this will help you to stand up and be confidence.

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My test was today in surrey. Took only like 6 minutes to do the test. The interview part was smooth and took maybe 5 minutes. She told me I would receive my oath invitation within 2 to 6 months. Hopefully sooner than later.

Has anyone received the oath invite lately? if so, when was your test?

John P.

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
My Dad's application timeline (from Surrey):

Application received at the CIC 20 December 2012
AOR received sometime in March 2013
Processing started 27 March 2013

No news since

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It was from the Surrey office. How come?

aamer43 said:
@ Lolote,

Can you please tell me if your test invite was from Surrey Office OR Vancouver Office ??

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Lolote said:
It was from the Surrey office. How come?
One of my friend (who lives in Surrey and his Local Office is Surrey too) received a test invite in yellow color and he told me that his test invite was SENT by VANCOUVER CIC Office but he had to appear at the Surrey Office for the test. Also during the interview he was told that he MIGHT get his oath ceremony at Vancouver.

I was just curious if you have the same situation.

hmuath

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
One of my friend (who lives in Surrey and his Local Office is Surrey too) received a test invite in yellow color and he told me that his test invite was SENT by VANCOUVER CIC Office but he had to appear at the Surrey Office for the test. Also during the interview he was told that he MIGHT get his oath ceremony at Vancouver.

Hi Aamer,

Interesting!
When did your friend applied?

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:

No that didn't happen to me. And as for the color of the letter I think this is only to organize people during the test and have groups for the interview after the test. I don't believe the color means anything.
They told me oath would be between 3 to 6 months.

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
Morning Guys,
Just checked my eCAS status and it says they sent a letter for the citizenship test on Nov 10 and the test date is Dec 10. Hurraaayy, after 15 months, most of which passed watching and envying applicants at other offices finalizing their processes so fast, at last we are moving forward too.
Good luck to you all

PS: We applied in Aug 2013, "in process" status for me & wife since: Oct 2013 and for our son: since Feb 2014