Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
Lolote said:
got my test invite for Nov 5th. yay! send my application feb 2014 and is in process since april. I'm glad I got my invite already.. looking at other peoples timeline I wasn't expecting a date until 2015.. so thats awesome! :)
Congrats for getting your test invite.

Seems like our local office is catching up. Good for us :)

FJKD2008

Oct 24, 2014
Hello all,

Here is my timeline so far, I thought it might help some of you. Since every application is different this is what might be useful to some.

Feb 2013: Applied for Citizenship

12th April 2013: Received Letter of Receipt (2months)

27th June 2013: Application Start Processing date.(2months)

Dec 2013: File transferred to Surrey Office.(6 months)

7th Oct 2014: Received Notice for Test on Oct 23rd 2014 less then 3 weeks time.(7 months)

23rd Oct 2014: Wrote a Test, got result right away.

Now waiting for Notice of Oath letter, so far 18 MONTHS from the time of application.

Hope this will help.

Good luck all.

FJKD2008

Oct 24, 2014
Hello aamer43,

I would say there were a lot of people who did the test in that room, but no 2 person had the same paper. This means the only thing I am allowed to share is please make sure you know Discover Canada from 1st page to the end every single thing. I used so many other websites and I used to get my questions done in 2-3 minutes and all 100%. But trust me I was surprised what was tested and for few seconds I was in panic mode.

For my interview it was really smooth, the officer was really nice just make sure to keep all your papers in order as it would be stated in your letter of invitation for the test. Every case will be different so I got all copies of all the originals I submitted and placed them nicely on the table when interviewed and all went perfect.

1. I really would say please read, listen Discover Canada thoroughly for test prep and all other sources are just secondary.

2. Follow and listen to each and every word the officer instructs and says in the room. The minute you step in the room your focus should only be in that room for those few hours. Stay calm even if the paper is surprising and give yourself few seconds, do the easy questions first and attempt all questions even if you have to make a guess. Paper changes every time and it can be in any format, so just assume anything can come.

I can only share this information, when you will go for the test you will know why things are restricted and I respect the integrity they are trying respect for over government.

Hope this will help, I understand your position as I just came out of it.

Good luck.

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
I have citizenship test on tuesdday in surrey:

original documents submitted with citizenship application.?

record of landing
pr card
2 pieces of picrture id.
original passport
language scores?
transcripts if any in 4 years?

anything else???
thanks

FJKD2008

Oct 24, 2014
Hi Jckdry,

Don't forget your letter of notice for the test, this is one of the 1st things they check.

Good luck.

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
i got infamous RQ after the test in the interview. Now I have to submit US entry and exit records to them.

hmuath

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jckdry said:
i got infamous RQ after the test in the interview. Now I have to submit US entry and exit records to them.
Sorry to hear that!

Did they ask specifically for US exit/entry record from CBP?
or you just want to provide it to support you RQ?

aamer43

May 6, 2009
FJKD2008 said:
Hello aamer43,

I would say there were a lot of people who did the test in that room, but no 2 person had the same paper. This means the only thing I am allowed to share is please make sure you know Discover Canada from 1st page to the end every single thing. I used so many other websites and I used to get my questions done in 2-3 minutes and all 100%. But trust me I was surprised what was tested and for few seconds I was in panic mode.

For my interview it was really smooth, the officer was really nice just make sure to keep all your papers in order as it would be stated in your letter of invitation for the test. Every case will be different so I got all copies of all the originals I submitted and placed them nicely on the table when interviewed and all went perfect.

1. I really would say please read, listen Discover Canada thoroughly for test prep and all other sources are just secondary.

2. Follow and listen to each and every word the officer instructs and says in the room. The minute you step in the room your focus should only be in that room for those few hours. Stay calm even if the paper is surprising and give yourself few seconds, do the easy questions first and attempt all questions even if you have to make a guess. Paper changes every time and it can be in any format, so just assume anything can come.

I can only share this information, when you will go for the test you will know why things are restricted and I respect the integrity they are trying respect for over government.

Hope this will help, I understand your position as I just came out of it.

Good luck.
@ FJKD2008

Thank you so much for your detail response, i really appreciate it.

I find it very hard to memorize all the names and the dates because there are so many names/dates and i was under the impression that the online sample test would help me pass the test but now after your post i will definitely read the book carefully.

As long as all questions are multiple choice and NO FILL IN THE BLANKS OR TRUE FALSE, one should be ok

Can you please tell me HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE on the test day ? Do you need to take a day off from work ??

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
I was so frustrated last night...that I sent them a fax...I know it wont make any difference, but I was genuinely sick and tired...I told them in the fax that I am willing to take my oath anywhere....!
I know if anything this fax will be deteramentalt o my situation...but call center really gave weird information which changed everytime!!!!

Sambathvip

Oct 18, 2014
hi cit_izen:

1)- Go google

2)- Try to search for "Citizenship Ceremony:

3)- Click on the first one.

4)-Click under Surrey. There will be four oath/Citizenship ceremonies in November.

I am trying to post the link but it the system won't let me do that.

Hope you will be in one of the ceremonies.

Please stay positive!!

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Sambathvip said:
hi cit_izen:

1)- Go google

2)- Try to search for "Citizenship Ceremony:

3)- Click on the first one.

4)-Click under Surrey. There will be four oath/Citizenship ceremonies in November.

I am trying to post the link but it the system won't let me do that.

Hope you will be in one of the ceremonies.

Please stay positive!!
You are a truly a positive person. Thank you . Your post made me smile
On that note: after 3 attempts, my fax still hasn't gone through because their lines are constantly busy :)