+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Surrey CIC Timeline

Sambathvip

Oct 18, 2014
Hi moby786:

Sorry to hear about your problem. I have the same problem now. Have you got any update from CIC ?? Hope everything goes well with our case.

luvcanada

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
@ luvcanada

During your Oath ceremony, can you ask someone else regarding their timeline ONLY IF you get a chance.

Just curious to know if 2 year processing time is a standard of SURREY office.
Went to take oath and asked couple of people. early 2012 and mid 2012 with family application. Granted citizenship and already applied for passport and it is on the way after 10 days. Now the process is finally completed. Thank you for this forum and the friends for all your help and suggestions. Now new journey start as a Canadian citizen of this wonderful country.

aamer43

May 6, 2009
luvcanada said:
Went to take oath and asked couple of people. early 2012 and mid 2012 with family application. Granted citizenship and already applied for passport and it is on the way after 10 days. Now the process is finally completed. Thank you for this forum and the friends for all your help and suggestions. Now new journey start as a Canadian citizen of this wonderful country.
@luvcanada,

Thanks a million, i really appreciate it.....

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cit_izen said:
Here is my story...
I gave my test on Aug 22 '14. and because I had travelled extensively, the lady (interviewer) wanted to get my records from CBSA to see that when I applied I met the 1095 days requirement. I was told by her that in 4-6 weeks I will get my oath...but no news. So I called them today...CIC call center first of all argued for a few minutes that how I could have possibly misunderstood 4 - 6 months as 4 - 6 weeks....anyhow, moving on, she said, I have a good news for you...I thought MAYBE MY OATH date is scheduled. On the contrary, I was told..Well, they have received my CBSA report as of 11th Oct 2014 and that they are reviewing it now and that if I don't hear back in 6 months (or end of February, I should contact them)....Not sure what to make of this situation. Its been 28 months now!
I am so sorry to hear that!

Were any of your extensive travels to the US, over a land border crossing? Any day trips?

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
bambino:

Yes, I travelled via land and they were not extended tours. Usually 3 - 4 days...
I did not get RQed yet

I got my PR in 2010 Jan.
I have been living in Canada for 12 years. I did my undergraduate degree, masters here and work with the government (of which 2 years were with immigrations)..In fact the interviewer knew my boss too...but regardless....its been 28 months...and I want to respect the patience...but my concern is at what point do you make the system realize that enough of inefficiency ( and how )!

tnangers

Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got test schedule today after check e-cas. You guys should check yours too. Finally Surrey office has moved up. I will give my test on November 14, 2014 at 8 AM

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
tnangers said:
I got test schedule today after check e-cas. You guys should check yours too. Finally Surrey office has moved up. I will give my test on November 14, 2014 at 8 AM
Congrats tnangers,
I'm checking eCAS several times every day, submitted application in Aug 2013 and still waiting for the test letter. At last Surrey seems to have released the brake pedal :)

tnangers

Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cit_izen said:
did you get the letter first of did you see it on ECAS first?
It was on e-cas during my coffee break at work today, I will check my mail after get home.

tnangers

Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kubik said:
Congrats tnangers,
I'm checking eCAS several times every day, submitted application in Aug 2013 and still waiting for the test letter. At last Surrey seems to have released the brake pedal :)
Thanks bud,

I think I got the schedule today, you will get it soon. Good luck !

lidiajia

Dec 14, 2012
Hi , I got my written test invitation today . I was scheduled to take the rest on nov 13. My application was mailed on jan 16 2014, in process on mar 11, got the finger prints request on apr 4. Hope you guys can get the test letter asap! Good luck to us all!

hmuath

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lidiajia said:
Hi , I got my written test invitation today . I was scheduled to take the rest on nov 13. My application was mailed on jan 16 2014, in process on mar 11, got the finger prints request on apr 4. Hope you guys can get the test letter asap! Good luck to us all!
when you mentioned mailing date, Do you mean Jan 16 2014 or 2013?

thanks

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
Tnangers and jialidia, goodluck on your test. Good to know that CIC is now really moving. Hope to hear more updates from Surrey applicants.

Jialidia, so far you're the most recent applicant, being a January 2014 applicant who received a test notice. That's 10 months from application received to test date. Go Surrey go

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
got my test invite for Nov 5th. yay! send my application feb 2014 and is in process since april. I'm glad I got my invite already.. looking at other peoples timeline I wasn't expecting a date until 2015.. so thats awesome! :)