+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Surrey BC local office

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi citi_zen,

That letter asking about language proficiency is sent to all applicants. You will be surprised as how many immigrants can't comprehend English and/or French. In the interview they will just casually talk to you to evaluate if you understand the officer and reply coherently!

You should not be too worried about it!

All the best

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
I am very concerned as I have travelled a lot even though I had a full time job....I am creating a spreadsheet of all my travel date stamp. Is there anything else I need ttake with me...I was away for 76 days (on different occasions)..and sent the application 3 days after I completed 1095..is surrey office strict?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A friend told me her coworker's case has bend siting in this office since jan 2013. Horrible!

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cit_izen said:
I am very concerned as I have travelled a lot even though I had a full time job....I am creating a spreadsheet of all my travel date stamp. Is there anything else I need ttake with me...I was away for 76 days (on different occasions)..and sent the application 3 days after I completed 1095..is surrey office strict?
Hello again!

That should be sufficient! I see that you have waited 1000+days just to get test invite!!! That is equivalent to a fresh PR living 3 years in Canada and applying for Citizenship. You should definitely not worry too much as CIC knows that you have been here for 12 years! During the interview the officer while flipping my passport saw stamps 6-7 years old and said" Gosh! you have been here for long". This was kind of calming as they do realize that not everyone in Canada is here to scam immigration to get passport of convenience.
I wish you all the best!!
Let us know how it goes.

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
thank you for the response guys...have another quick question for those who got interviewed..

I got a lay off in jan (while I was on vacation) and then I stayed at my husbands rental accommodation in Calgary ( I got married this Feb) as I was looking for a job. However, I did not get my address changed in Surreybecause he had a rental accommodation and was in the process of buying a house, and I didn't change my address for the fear of losing mail in transition. Which is why I am flying to Surrey. But last month I got a job in Calgary...and we have a house as well. But I still didn't get my address changed. Can this cause a problem in an interview?

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. This is not an issue as you have a job change after your application was handed in. The officer when asks about your where a bouts you can talk about your marital status and your movement to Calgary.

All the best!

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
So, I had my test on 22nd, and scored 100%. The interviewer coincidently had worked with my previous employer, so we shared pleasantries..now the concern is..taht since I had lost one of my passport and had no photocopy for it and also cuz I had over 32 stamps on my passport, she asked me to sign a formw hich will allow her to pull records from CBSA. She said, if she has any concerns, she will get in touch with me via letter otherwise I will get a oath letter in a month or 2.....been a bit concerned since then! I asked her if this is RQ..and she said no not at all...she said if I was to contact CBSA for records, it will take longer, but if she did, it would be much quicker..she even hinted that I should avoid changing my address to the new province where I am presently to allow a quicker oath ceremony if all is well,...

I had only given a buffer of few days (5) before I applied...can I be in trouble because of this? what will be the consequence if I am less thatn 1095. I don't think the fact that I work for the government for the past 7 years has any consideration.

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you please share your timeline?

cit_izen said:
So, I had my test on 22nd, and scored 100%. The interviewer coincidently had worked with my previous employer, so we shared pleasantries..now the concern is..taht since I had lost one of my passport and had no photocopy for it and also cuz I had over 32 stamps on my passport, she asked me to sign a formw hich will allow her to pull records from CBSA. She said, if she has any concerns, she will get in touch with me via letter otherwise I will get a oath letter in a month or 2.....been a bit concerned since then! I asked her if this is RQ..and she said no not at all...she said if I was to contact CBSA for records, it will take longer, but if she did, it would be much quicker..she even hinted that I should avoid changing my address to the new province where I am presently to allow a quicker oath ceremony if all is well,...

I had only given a buffer of few days (5) before I applied...can I be in trouble because of this? what will be the consequence if I am less thatn 1095. I don't think the fact that I work for the government for the past 7 years has any consideration.

Sambathvip

Oct 18, 2014
Hi cit_izen :

I went the take the test last week and I had the same problem. I wish you get the oath invitation very soon. I greatly appreciate if you could update me about the time line from your test date to CBSA report and to the time you receive the invitation letter for oath. I don't know how long it will take for the report from CBSA. I am very concern about it.

Any one else has the same problem please share! Your information is greatly appreicated!

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just got my test invite.. yayyyyy :) applied end of February 2014 :)