+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

surrendering passport

maxvol

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Hello
I have recently become a Canadian citizen and I was looking at the possibility of surrendering my Bangladeshi passport. Although Bangladesh and Canada allow for dual nationality but my loyalty and ties lie with Canada. My question is how do I go about cancelling my Bangladeshi passport and surrendering it. Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.
Thank you

haman

Apr 9, 2010
All the embassies have different regulations. So the best way is to check with the Bangladesh embassy and they can do it for you since that is something that is not related to Canadian government.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maxvol said:
Hello
I have recently become a Canadian citizen and I was looking at the possibility of surrendering my Bangladeshi passport. Although Bangladesh and Canada allow for dual nationality but my loyalty and ties lie with Canada. My question is how do I go about cancelling my Bangladeshi passport and surrendering it. Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Nice thought, but remember if you give up your Bangladeshi passport, then if you want to visit you have to get a visitor visa.