+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Surrender Indian Passport & OCI - Toronto/Brampton

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can somepone please confirm, if I need to submit photos with surrender passport application as well ?

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to paste the photograph on the printed form generated after filling the online application
Actually that's what I am confused for - In checklist it says photograph for OCi. it never says for surrender. Does it means I can apply OCI with surrender applictaion together ?

g) Photograph One color photo as per below specification is required to be uploaded online with the OCI application. Photograph uploaded online must be the same as the physical photograph pasted on your OCI application f

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Actually that's what I am confused for - In checklist it says photograph for OCi. it never says for surrender. Does it means I can apply OCI with surrender applictaion together ?

g) Photograph One color photo as per below specification is required to be uploaded online with the OCI application. Photograph uploaded online must be the same as the physical photograph pasted on your OCI application f
Recently applied for Surrender Certificate. They did not ask for additional photo. It is the same size as the OCI photo. Once you print the online application, you will see a placeholder to paste the photo. Just have to paste it there. Don't even have to upload in the online application. Seems they just copy pasted OCI photo requirement in the SC checklist

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017

And no you can't apply OCI and Surrender together. You have to wait to receive the surrender certificate. You have to upload a copy of SC in online OCI application.

Reactions: sumitbajaj07

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Recently applied for Surrender Certificate. They did not ask for additional photo. It is the same size as the OCI photo. Once you print the online application, you will see a placeholder to paste the photo. Just have to paste it there. Don't even have to upload in the online application. Seems they just copy pasted OCI photo requirement in the SC checklist
Thanks for information.

trampoline2022

Jul 11, 2022
Hi All, has anyone applied for entry visa for India? Do you know if the surrender certificate is a requirement for the visa. I know that it is required for OCI.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long it takes to receive citizenship certificate ? it's been 1 week for me and haven't received yrt from Mississauga office

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hi All, has anyone applied for entry visa for India? Do you know if the surrender certificate is a requirement for the visa. I know that it is required for OCI.
I applied entry visa last week. Yes, it's mandatory for Entry visa as it's only given to those who were Indian National , hence you need to prove it + copy of canceled passport

says right on the checklist if you missed :
(f) Surrender Certificate (mandatory)

There is a caveat :
(f) Surrender / Renunciation Certificate (copy) All the applicants who earlier held Indian Passport are required to surrender their Indian Passport after obtaining foreign / Canadian citizenship. Person of Indian origin must enclose a copy of Surrender Certificate of old Indian passport. The Surrender Certificate is required only in respect of the Indian origin visa applicants, who obtained foreign/Canadian citizenship after June, 2010. Those India origin applicants who obtained foreign / Canadian citizenship prior to June, 2010 may enclose copy of cancelled old Indian Passport with his/her Visa application. Please note that Entry Visa is only issued to foreign nationals having Indian origin. The surrender / renunciation certificate is required to prove this. In case the visa applicant has not surrendered the Indian passport and has the original passport, he/she may submit the application for Surrender / Renunciation Certificate and enclose a copy of the payment receipt of submission of the surrender certificate application with the visa application.
""" In case visa applicant is unable to do either of the above, he/she is required to submit proof of Indian Origin (viz., Indian Birth Certificate, Ration Card copy, Educational Documents of India, etc) with the visa application and submit it for pre-approval at BLS center, without paying for visa fees at this stage. After examining the request once the documents are found satisfactory the application will be approved for submission with fees. """

I wouldn't go this route since BLS would be adamant on you submitting renunciation certificate / surrender certificate but your choice.

Gurdilman

Feb 3, 2022
Should we print the surrender passport application in portrait or landscape? I would be thankful if someone could reply this.

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Should we print the surrender passport application in portrait or landscape? I would be thankful if someone could reply this.
Try printing it in landscape :p :p , I did just out of curiosity and it didn't fit the page.

And NO , you never print an application ( or any doc in general ) in landscape until and unless their orientation is landscape.

Gurdilman

Feb 3, 2022
Try printing it in landscape :p :p , I did just out of curiosity and it didn't fit the page.

And NO , you never print an application ( or any doc in general ) in landscape until and unless their orientation is landscape.
Thank you for replying. I asked because at the time of renewal of passport, BLS asked to reprint in Landscape.