+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting Documents - Incorporated Self-Employed help!

foxlove

Aug 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I am just going through the process of sponsoring my common-law U.S. partner but am a little confused on #18 of the supporting documents...

"If you are employed, an original of a letter from your current employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular hours per week. If you have a cosigner and he or she is employed, include a similar letter from his or her employer. If you and, if applicable, your cosigner are the sole owners of or partners in an unincorporated business, provide evidence of self-employment income (statement of business activities) over the 12 months preceding the date of your sponsorship application...."

I am self-employed, but my business is incorporated. What do I need to supply here? I have printed out profit and loss statements over the preceding 12 months, but do I need to write myself a letter as well? What do you do if you own an incorporated business?

Thanks

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
fox, i think your statements would be good, and I would also include a letter on company letterhead. Are you drawing a salary from your company? [some do..] if so, you would have additional tax documentation that way as well.

foxlove

Aug 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok thanks. I don't take a salary, but I have dividends. I am already attaching the required Option C printout as well. What would I say in a company letter to myself? Just that I have owned the company since a certain date and stuff?

redblade

Apr 8, 2010
Hi foxlove,

Have you figured out what to do? I am in similar situation and would like to know what's best in cases like ours...

RB

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hello foxlove, So what did u fill in Question No 2 of form 5481 , the sponsorship evaluation form ? I am on the same boat.. My business is not incorporated so what did u write in those 2 boxes

1. Name of business
2. Date Business Established

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks
Hussain