+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting documents in response to RQ. Please reply.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
I just wonder what supporting documents would satisfy the CIC officer of my wife's physical presence in Canada in response to RQ. I Called CIC and I got very neutral answers. Not helpful at all. Do you think the below documents are enough? Please share with me your experiences and thoughts.
- Photocopy of the passport showing all entries and exit stamps.
- Travel Record from Home Country.
- Health record showing appointments every one/two months.
- Dental records from the Family Dentist showing more appointments during the last three years since we moved.
- A birth certificate of our daughter who was born here.
- Vaccinations record of our kids.
- Copy of Report card of schools of our little two kids.
- Copy of transcripts of course I took ( 3 courses ). ( she didn't attend schools here)
- Copy of my T4 and letter from employer during the 3 years ( for me only as she never worked).
- A letter from a phone company confirming the line that belongs to her and continuous record of payment of the 3 years.
- Some memberships with a record of visits ( this covers the last year).
- A copy of rental agreement signed by me with a letter from the owner stating that we both are leasing from him since the beginning of the contract.
- A copy of vehicle insurance since one and half year ( since my wife got the licence).
- Minor voluntary work.
I can see that the most consistent record is the health one combined with dental and private insurance records. Can you please let me know based on your experiences if this is enough. do I still need to get letter from Walmart !!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any response from experts and applicants who went through RQ process is very much appreciated. I still hope to get some answers.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi, This is more than enough. you have almost everything that they need. However, the only thing that is missing is bank account and credit card statements. I must say that do attach this check list of documents and a cover letter with the RQ.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moti said:
Hi, This is more than enough. you have almost everything that they need. However, the only thing that is missing is bank account and credit card statements. I must say that do attach this check list of documents and a cover letter with the RQ.
Thanks moti for your reply and advice. I will make sure bank statements are included. Checklist is a good idea to get things organized.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
How many days of physical presence? You may want to order CBSA TRAVEL REPORT and verify all absences from Canada

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arambi said:
How many days of physical presence? You may want to order CBSA TRAVEL REPORT and verify all absences from Canada
We definitely have more that required. On the day of application submission I had 1110 days and my wife more than that. Why do i have to order CBSA travel record? isn't the consent at the last page the questionnaire authorize CIC to get my records direct from CBSA?

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov 06 said:
We definitely have more that required. On the day of application submission I had 1110 days and my wife more than that. Why do i have to order CBSA travel record? isn't the consent at the last page the questionnaire authorize CIC to get my records direct from CBSA?
The consent is enough.

muisng62

Mar 12, 2015
Hi
i am sorry if i am in the wrong thread but really need help here. I received 3 RQs - me and 2 daughters excluding another minor daughter and it is a nightmare to complete and collate the documents...
q1. They have asked for Bank/Credit Card statements under "Employment ties" (pg3)amongst documents like notice of assessments, T5 and T4,as the proof of employment. I have been unemployed hence do not have T4. Do i have to provide bank statement AND monthly credit card statements for 4 years = 48 credit card statements + 48 bank statements. Each bank statement is $5.Banks only provide the latest 6 months online (not exactly in my relevant period) and the rest are chargeable. I have T5s , notice of assessments, rental payments, purchase and sale of townhouse document etc. Will these suffice, together with about 10 random credit card statements for the 4 year relevant period? Should i put this in, or spend close to $100 to get Mastercard to print out 4 year statements for me, plus $250 for checking account statements? This is really exorbitant. Please advise if it is a worthwhile cost to incur. Thanks .
q2- under Proof of Residence, my property tax assessments are not complete as i sold my townhouse and records were inadvertently destroyed. I only have 3 year record instead of 4. Will the title deed and sale documents suffice? I do have the residential insurance policies tho for the period of stay.
q3- the medical history required - do we pay to get from family doctor's office or as i understand, from Health Insurance BC who will directly release to the Citizenship office upon our authorisation (HLTH 2942). Since it will take approx 60 days for them to send there, do you advise that i just send in the RQ with a copy of the request form attached to indicate it will be forwarded to them, or should we pay to request from our family physician?
q4.Unfortunately i am only active in community after the relevant period hence do not have any "social ties" here. What should i do for this section (pg 5)where they have asked for description and letters from organisation?
q5 i noticed there is a discussion on the RQ form. My RQ is CIT 0171 (10-2013) E which seemed to differ from others?
This is really a stressful process:( Any advice on above and any other notes will be sincerely appreciated!