+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting Documents for TRV (Mother)

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Hi All,

I am expecting a baby in April, so I am applying for a temporary visitor visa for my mother so that she can visit for 3-4 weeks to facilitate me during delivery.
I have created her new cic account and I am preparing following documents for her application but not sure where to upload as the fields are limited:

a) Business Registration: My parents run a small business in a small town but the business is registered on my mother's name as sole proprietor, so I am planning to upload these: 'GST registration', '2 year personal ITRs of my mother' which shows business income, 'recent electricity bill of business'

b) Passport: my mother's passport - first and last page only (no travel history or visa)

c) Invitation Letter: I and my husband will write a letter in which we will mention that we will take care of my mother's expenses and get the letter attested by a Canadian lawyer. Apart from that, I am planning to attach a letter from my Canadian doctor in which she has mentioned that my mother should visit my during pregnancy for facilitation.

d) Proof of Means Financial Support: My mother's bank balance in generally low and so she recently redeemed half of her mutual funds. so i am planning to attach her 6 month bank and latest mutual fund statement (both statements reflect $7500 each now)

e) Digital Photograph: Fine

f) Purpose of Travel: I haven't booked any tickets or medicals and there won't be any hotel in this case. What should I attach here? our Canadian house proof like latest 2 month utility bills, mortgage documents? Should I book her tickets and also get my mother's medicals done? should i write a separate explanation letter her for this?

g) Proof of relationship: my mother's passport, my passport, and my birth certificate

h) Family Information: Will fill the form

i) Authority to release personal information to a designated individual: will fill the form

j) Client Information: Cover Letter

Apart from above, where do I attach these:
a) Property documents to show her ties to India
b) my canadian joint account statements (3 months), salary letter and pay stubs (6 weeks)
c) my father's passport in case its needed.
d) cover letter
e) should i attach affidavit from my mother (as mentioned on many forums), but where?
f) Our PR cards (mine and husband's)

Please help me with this application.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am expecting a baby in April, so I am applying for a temporary visitor visa for my mother so that she can visit for 3-4 weeks to facilitate me during delivery.
Not a good idea to mention this as the reason for visiting.

a) Business Registration: My parents run a small business in a small town but the business is registered on my mother's name as sole proprietor, so I am planning to upload these: 'GST registration', '2 year personal ITRs of my mother' which shows business income, 'recent electricity bill of business'
She must prove she is managing the business on an everyday basis. Proofs: Customer lists + company bank statement + purchase receipts + any employees + rent/lease for the office, etc

c) Invitation Letter: I and my husband will write a letter in which we will mention that we will take care of my mother's expenses and get the letter attested by a Canadian lawyer.
Notarization is not required.

Your mom must prove that she can afford the visit without depending on you/your husband. If she does not have the finances then your dad can support the visit.

Apart from that, I am planning to attach a letter from my Canadian doctor in which she has mentioned that my mother should visit my during pregnancy for facilitation.
A big no to this.

d) Proof of Means Financial Support: My mother's bank balance in generally low and so she recently redeemed half of her mutual funds. so i am planning to attach her 6 month bank and latest mutual fund statement (both statements reflect $7500 each now)
Mutual funds are locked in = Cannot be included as funds available for her visit.

If her financial situation is weak = Her business is not profitable = She must focus on other ties to return to India (your dad as a family tie, any property ownership, etc)

f) Purpose of Travel: I haven't booked any tickets or medicals and there won't be any hotel in this case. What should I attach here?
Don't book tickets. You can include a flight itinerary/unpaid tickets that are held for 24 hours (do speak to a travel agent for this)

our Canadian house proof like latest 2 month utility bills, mortgage documents?
Not required.

Should I book her tickets and also get my mother's medicals done? should i write a separate explanation letter her for this?
No and No.

Apart from above, where do I attach these:
a) Property documents to show her ties to India
b) my canadian joint account statements (3 months), salary letter and pay stubs (6 weeks)
c) my father's passport in case its needed.
d) cover letter
e) should i attach affidavit from my mother (as mentioned on many forums), but where?
f) Our PR cards (mine and husband's)
Any documents that cannot be uploaded to specific slots must be combined as a single PDF and uploaded to Optional/Letter of explanation.

Your dad's passport only if your parents' marriage certificate is not available.

Affidavits don't work

Reactions: sg02