+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supplying more info than required?

Chatmonkey

May 14, 2017
Hi all,

I am 99% finished compiling all my info and decided not to fork out 5k for a lawyer (bold move, let's see if it pays off!)

I have proof that I have been living with my partner for 12 months (with the 12th month being July) and also have proof of joint bank accounts + rental agreement with both our names.

Now - I have also compiled a lot of extra evidence with Facebook messages, texts, letters from landlords and family etc.... However I understand that it is not necessary if I already have the 12 months and proof of joint bank accounts.

I want to include it just to cover all bases, does anyone see this being as a potential negative? Or, the more the merrier?

PS: I am applying OUTLAND while I live in Canada. I am Australian so am visa exempt and I've heard very good things about the Sydney visa office. I am trying to do everything necessary to avoid having to fly back to Aus for an interview. Any advice or previous experiences would be greatly appreciated!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Make sure you read the checklist as to what is required. It is not always recommended to send more than required unless asked.

I dont see a need for a cover letter. If you need to add more information to question add it on a blank piece of paper behind the page of the application.

If you have strong proof (as required by checklist) dont add more. People in this forum have stated that it may upset officer reviewing file and there is no need for it as it wasnt requested

haXudon

May 31, 2015
the proof of relationship part where it says supply at least 2 out of 3. 2 is enough, if you supply 3, it's ok too. but if you supply 4 or 5 or 100 pages of txt messages, then you'll gonna be frowned upon by the visa officer and quite frankly will end up delaying your processing.

Chatmonkey

May 14, 2017
Ok so to confirm, they say the minimum is 12 months. It is ok to provide the 12 months even if the 12th month has JUST past?

And for the 2nd piece of proof, I can only supply some joint bank accounts we have had/have that have some transactions and also show both our names and same address. No utilities or shared expense proof.

That's sufficient and you advise not to include the 10 pages of proof + letters?

Chatmonkey

May 14, 2017
I was just going include it in a separate envelope under "supporting evidence" so it doesn't get mixed in with the primary stuff.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Only send what they are asking for under proof. No more than the required pages for texts which is not needed as you are living together. Dont send more than 20 pictures. Again ONLY send what they are asking for. If they want more you can send more later

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hi all,

I am 99% finished compiling all my info and decided not to fork out 5k for a lawyer (bold move, let's see if it pays off!)

I have proof that I have been living with my partner for 12 months (with the 12th month being July) and also have proof of joint bank accounts + rental agreement with both our names.

Now - I have also compiled a lot of extra evidence with Facebook messages, texts, letters from landlords and family etc.... However I understand that it is not necessary if I already have the 12 months and proof of joint bank accounts.

I want to include it just to cover all bases, does anyone see this being as a potential negative? Or, the more the merrier?

PS: I am applying OUTLAND while I live in Canada. I am Australian so am visa exempt and I've heard very good things about the Sydney visa office. I am trying to do everything necessary to avoid having to fly back to Aus for an interview. Any advice or previous experiences would be greatly appreciated!
This is something I have debated greatly over.. I have a little pile of extra stuff that I go back and forth on about including (applying Outland currently waiting on partners NOA - which is delayed...arrrgh!) Definitely not a case of "more the merrier" as a huge application would definitely annoy the VO working on it.

Remember there is chance they will ask for additional evidence so its good to have some stuff "up your sleeve"!

Pics wise..don't send more than 20.

Letters wise..there is a section in the checklist where you have option to include letters..id put them in there.

I plan to include a few extra pieces of mail; showing our address and names together as we do not have joint utility bills (we have all inclusive rent) so I feel a little extra proof in that area would help.

Also I have written a "story" of how we met as feel it explains it better than just a few sentences.

There's also some Facebook communication from when we started dating that I feel would be beneficial which I miiiiight include.

What is the "extra" in particular that you are considering including?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
i suggest nortarized letters from family and friends talking about you guys and your realtionship plus your nortarized letters from your sponsor talking about your relationship and you as a person

Chatmonkey

May 14, 2017
Well, I have the 12 months of living together proof i.e. Our rental documents with both our names + letters from our landlords confirming we both lived there. And then 2 joint bank accounts we have shared and currently share).

As for extra info, I have 10 pages of extra info (such as texts, fb posts etc), 20 photos from different times/locations, letters from family confirming relationship, Canadian entry stamps...

I guess I will only include some of this then not all of it. I will probably include the rental agreements, joint bank accounts and letters but maybe nothing else. No photos or anything. As per your recommendations as i satisfy the primary 2 requirements of living together and shared bank accounts.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Well, I have the 12 months of living together proof i.e. Our rental documents with both our names + letters from our landlords confirming we both lived there. And then 2 joint bank accounts we have shared and currently share).

As for extra info, I have 10 pages of extra info (such as texts, fb posts etc), 20 photos from different times/locations, letters from family confirming relationship, Canadian entry stamps...

I guess I will only include some of this then not all of it. I will probably include the rental agreements, joint bank accounts and letters but maybe nothing else. No photos or anything. As per your recommendations as i satisfy the primary 2 requirements of living together and shared bank accounts.

You are following the checklist right?

There is somewhere you can use the letters to fit in with the checklist requirements.

Also definitely send the 20 photos. This is a stand alone thing they ask for.

Chatmonkey

May 14, 2017
You are following the checklist right?

There is somewhere you can use the letters to fit in with the checklist requirements.

Also definitely send the 20 photos. This is a stand alone thing they ask for.
On my checklist they say only send the photos if you cannot supply the rental info and joint bank accounts?

The rest (including photos and letters) is under the section if you cannot supply the proof of living together and joint bank/credit cards..

Might just send them anyway then....

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
That is incorrect..

Part 7A is asking about living together and then it splits into two sections depending on your answer.

Then there is Part B asking about children.

Then there is Part C and clearly says all applicants must provide the following; maximum 20 photos and then 2 sets of documents from the set stated.

At least that is how I have taken it.

Chatmonkey

May 14, 2017
That is incorrect..

Part 7A is asking about living together and then it splits into two sections depending on your answer.

Then there is Part C and clearly says all applicants must provide the following; maximum 20 photos and then 2 sets of documents from the set stated.

Ah yes I think you are right. Thank you for clarifying this. To me it looked as if it was all under the "No" section of that but I now see that you are right. Thank you!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
That is incorrect..

Youve interpretted it perfectly

Reactions: WeegieInOttawa

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Ah yes I think you are right. Thank you for clarifying this. To me it looked as if it was all under the "No" section of that but I now see that you are right. Thank you!
Happy to have helped!