supervisa T4 requirement

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1)For supervisa requirement
proof that your child or grandchild’s household meets the minimum necessary income; examples include:
Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year
Employment Insurance stubs
employment letter including salary and date of hiring
pay stubs
bank statements

Now, I am not a permanent employee. I am a contractor so I have notice of assessment but not EI stubs.

What kind of things would one submit if he/she is self-employed contractor (incorporated) ?

2)Secondly another requirement is
Is this mandatory upfront or I can submit the application and then can do it upon request?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
proof that your child or grandchild’s household meets the minimum necessary income; examples include:
pay stubs
bank statements

Now, I am not a permanent employee. I am a contractor so I have notice of assessment but not EI stubs.

What kind of things would one submit if he/she is self-employed contractor (incorporated) ?

Is this mandatory upfront or I can submit the application and then can do it upon request?
NOA is the preferred form of proof of income earned in Canada.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
pay stubs
bank statements

If you were incorporated, you have a nine digit BN followed by a RC, typically you would also have a RP account to do payroll. You would issue yourself a paycheque, and then pay your remittances thru that account, and then your corporation would issue you a T4 , which you would have had to also send to the CRA. You then use that T4 to file your personal income taxes, and get your NOA from that. If you are NOT incorporated, and you are self employed contractor, you would file a T2125 for your business income, transfer that amount after deducting business expenses, and THAT amount you transfer to your T1, and that is your NET business income, and from that you would get your NOA. You can have a nine digit business number and NOT be incorporated, that would be in cases where you are a self employed contractor and you registered to collect the GST on behalf of the government. Having a BN in itself does not make you incorporated.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you were incorporated, you have a nine digit BN followed by a RC, typically you would also have a RP account to do payroll. You would issue yourself a paycheque, and then pay your remittances thru that account, and then your corporation would issue you a T4 , which you would have had to also send to the CRA. You then use that T4 to file your personal income taxes, and get your NOA from that. If you are NOT incorporated, and you are self employed contractor, you would file a T2125 for your business income, transfer that amount after deducting business expenses, and THAT amount you transfer to your T1, and that is your NET business income, and from that you would get your NOA. You can have a nine digit business number and NOT be incorporated, that would be in cases where you are a self employed contractor and you registered to collect the GST on behalf of the government. Having a BN in itself does not make you incorporated.
I am incorporated but I don't do T4, I do T5 (Dividends).