+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa Mom LICO

AlenQ

Apr 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am applying for supervisa for my mom. I am new to Canada (end of 2016), and in 2017 I got a job halfway into the year. As a result, by way of proving My LICO with NOA, I am short by few thousand dollars. However, my new job is a municipal government based, and I am more then very comfortably (almost 1.5 times) meeting LICO by submitting just a job letter, paystubs etc.

On the other hand, if we combine NOAs for both me and my wife (co sponsorship). We meet LICO comfortably. My wife's NOA is completely based on Child Benefit. This is the first time we are sponsoring a super visa

My question is should I submit NOAs for both me and my wife to prove that I am meeting LICO requirements (accompanied by Job letter etc), or should I just submit my job letter, pay stubs and letter from employer? Any guidance will be appreciate.

Thanks

Armiti

Apr 30, 2018
Hi,
If my mom convert visitor visa to super visa does
1-she need to do finger print?

2-Is it possible to apply for super visa with expiry date on 2019 then after getting visa apply for renewing her passport? Or she has to renew passport at first the convert visitor visa to super.v?

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My question is should I submit NOAs for both me and my wife to prove that I am meeting LICO requirements (accompanied by Job letter etc), or should I just submit my job letter, pay stubs and letter from employer? Any guidance will be appreciate.
IMO, you're risking a super visa refusal for "Insufficient documents to prove the host's financial ability" if you do not submit at least one NOA that confirms you meet LICO in addition to other financial documents

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
If my mom convert visitor visa to super visa does
It is not possible to convert a TRV to a super visa. Both are different visa applications and need to be applied from scratch.

1-she need to do finger print?
If she has a valid TRV then she does not need to give her biometrics again if she applies for a super visa from scratch.

2-Is it possible to apply for super visa with expiry date on 2019 then after getting visa apply for renewing her passport? Or she has to renew passport at first the convert visitor visa to super.v?
The length of the super visa validity would depend on the assessment made by the visa officer. Typically, it could be until passport expiry.

If the passport she holds allows her to renew her passport for a new, longer validity then she must do so before she applies for a super visa

AlenQ

Apr 25, 2018
IMO, you're risking a super visa refusal for "Insufficient documents to prove the host's financial ability" if you do not submit at least one NOA that confirms you meet LICO in addition to other financial documents
Thanks Bryanna.

one more question: For Financial Evaluation for LICO, would you recommend using Form IMM1283e?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
one more question: For Financial Evaluation for LICO, would you recommend using Form IMM1283e?
IMM1283 is required for PR sponsorship and not for super visa applications.

For your mom's super visa application, the income at Line 150 of your most recent NOA would help to determine whether or not you meet/cross the LICO threshold

Kzm

Mar 30, 2018
My prent have a valid trv but i applied for super visa , cic send me biometric letter , are you sure they dont need to do finger print?
They shoul not go for finger print??? Please answer me
Thank you

It is not possible to convert a TRV to a super visa. Both are different visa applications and need to be applied from scratch.

If she has a valid TRV then she does not need to give her biometrics again if she applies for a super visa from scratch.

The length of the super visa validity would depend on the assessment made by the visa officer. Typically, it could be until passport expiry.

If the passport she holds allows her to renew her passport for a new, longer validity then she must do so before she applies for a super visa

Kzm

Mar 30, 2018

Please answer me becouse my parent live in iran and they are gonig to another country to do biometric in friday .if its not neccesaary let me know , it can be a big help for us

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Please answer me becouse my parent live in iran and they are gonig to another country to do biometric in friday .if its not neccesaary let me know , it can be a big help for us
From the IRCC website:
Visitor visa, study and work permit applicants
You only need to give your biometrics once every 10 years.

If you have a valid visitor visa, or a study or work permit, and you gave your biometrics in the past, your biometrics are valid from the date you gave your biometrics for a period of 10 years. You do not need to give your biometrics until the 10-year period expires.

Nonetheless, your parents could email/contact the Ankara visa office to reconfirm if they need to give their biometrics again