+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa income URG

obitarcanada

Apr 22, 2014
Hey,
We are family of 5 including my mom applying for Supervisa . My spouse income $35,000 and I have $20,000 plus tips and sales commission $8300 which I declared in our 2022 income tax.
In total family income $63,300
In this case I’m ok to send invitations to my mom with total gross income?
I checked their website LICO $57900 for family of 5.
Your suggestion will appreciate. Thanks

dmmarkazi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2023
Even though my other employment income $8300 not in my T4 but in my income tax and NOA?
Appreciate your feedback
Thanks
If you're sponsoring just one person, I think the gross income expectation is around $27,000.

If you need to, get your husband to co-sign.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey,
We are family of 5 including my mom applying for Supervisa . My spouse income $35,000 and I have $20,000 plus tips and sales commission $8300 which I declared in our 2022 income tax.
In total family income $63,300
In this case I’m ok to send invitations to my mom with total gross income?
I checked their website LICO $57900 for family of 5.
Your suggestion will appreciate. Thanks
58k for a family of 5 and you’ll need to spend around 2k on supervisa insurance. Given the cost of living this seems to be setting up families for failure. Do you have savings as well because that will also be considered? If your parent needs routine medical care, has a dental emergency, whether you have the savings to support a family emergency like car repair, having to move, etc. having sufficient savings will also be considered. You mention that you reported tips this year. If you haven’t been reporting tips in previous years at the same job you may have opened up yourself to be audited for missing tips for previous years that you haven’t declared. We see many claim cash income to meet LICO usually for PGP and there have been quite a few examples of CRA then looking at previous filings.

obitarcanada

Apr 22, 2014
58k for a family of 5 and you’ll need to spend around 2k on supervisa insurance. Given the cost of living this seems to be setting up families for failure. Do you have savings as well because that will also be considered? If your parent needs routine medical care, has a dental emergency, whether you have the savings to support a family emergency like car repair, having to move, etc. having sufficient savings will also be considered. You mention that you reported tips this year. If you haven’t been reporting tips in previous years at the same job you may have opened up yourself to be audited for missing tips for previous years that you haven’t declared. We see many claim cash income to meet LICO usually for PGP and there have been quite a few examples of CRA then looking at previous filings.
Last year I had a different jobs!
I am asking help to understand LICO not the cra system.
Hope you guys will give your views
Thanks