+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa Application - Online or Paper Based is Better + More Qs?

jagota_j

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2012
Nomination.....
31-12-2012
IELTS Request
N/A (IELTS wasn't needed)
Med's Request
13-05-13
Med's Done....
3-06-13
I am looking at applying for SuperVisa for my mom who's in India and am currently on vacation here.

Wondering if you could please advise:

- What would be better - applying online or via paper application and why?

- Insurance coverage - I know the $100000 is the required amount. I am also considering $150000 for peace of mind (in case of unforeseen medical emergencies). Thoughts?

- Which insurance companies would you recommend. I am considering getting either GMS or Travelance insurance via a Canadian insurance broker called Punjab Insurance. Thoughts?

- Proof of relationship - my mom doesn't have her birth certificate. I believe her Indian passport's biographical pages may work. Also an affidavit may also work. Thoughts?

- Ties to home Country - my mom had applied for a regular visit visa 6+ or so years back and It was declined based on ties to home country issue (that they felt she wouldn't return back after her stay).

To mitigate this, I am considering putting her bank FD + Savings info (we both have a joint account there) with the application.

Also the house is in my father's name (who has passed away). Wondering what should be done on this aspect - should we get it changed over to my mom's name and put this in the application. Or would just having my dad's name suffice for mom's supervisa application?

Anybody knows how the name change is done in India?

Also, is there a need to get a financial evaluation done of house too or just mom's/dad's name on house ownership would suffice?

- Who puts in the application: We are two brothers in Canada. Does it matter who puts in the application?

Thank you for taking the time to write back.

Last edited: