+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa Application from Canada (after coming on visitor visa)

hello2adi

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Mar-2012
AOR Received.
28-Jun-2012
Med's Done....
30-Dec-2011
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012 (Got a wrong req, so sent PP only on 3rd sep)
Hi Everyone,
I am planning to get my parents to canada to visit us. They already have a 10 year Visitor visa.

I want them to come and stay with us for a longer time. My plan is to bring them to Canada on visitor visa and if they like it here then apply for their Supervisa from Canada.

My Question is has anyone done this before i.e. apply for someone for super visa when they are in canada? Any experience to share?

After their 6 month stay (on visitor visa) is complete, will they have to cross the border and re-enter on the supervisa?

Please help. thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Everyone,
I am planning to get my parents to canada to visit us. They already have a 10 year Visitor visa.

I want them to come and stay with us for a longer time. My plan is to bring them to Canada on visitor visa and if they like it here then apply for their Supervisa from Canada.

My Question is has anyone done this before i.e. apply for someone for super visa when they are in canada? Any experience to share?

After their 6 month stay (on visitor visa) is complete, will they have to cross the border and re-enter on the supervisa?

Please help. thanks.
It's not possible to apply for super visas from Canada. They must apply to a visa office outside Canada, preferably when they are in their home country/country of residence