+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa application - Does IRCC validate the parent's name with the name in sponsor's PR application?

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
I became a permanent resident in Aug 2018 and move to Canada for good in June 2021. I am in process to apply Supervisa for my parents and will be using my birth certificate as a means to prove my relation to them. My mothers' name in her passport and my birth certificate is A B C. I believe the name I gave in my PR application of 2017/2018 was A B i.e. without the middle name. Will IRCC validate or match the current name of my mother with the incorrect name that I gave in the PR application?
Please confirm.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I became a permanent resident in Aug 2018 and move to Canada for good in June 2021. I am in process to apply Supervisa for my parents and will be using my birth certificate as a means to prove my relation to them. My mothers' name in her passport and my birth certificate is A B C. I believe the name I gave in my PR application of 2017/2018 was A B i.e. without the middle name. Will IRCC validate or match the current name of my mother with the incorrect name that I gave in the PR application?
Please confirm.
You are giving far too much credit to IRCC. It is a trivial issue. Don't worry about it.