+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa after three months of host immigrating

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Guys I immigrated to Canada in early June 2021. I read at some places that one needs an NOA or T4 to showcase income proof. As I recently came, am I ineligible to sponsor supervisa? On the official page, it says they accept employment letters too.

My annual income is around 200K and I have 40K in my bank account. Can I sponsor supervisa for my parents right away or do I need to wait until Jan/Feb to get NOA? I have been working from the very first day I landed here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys I immigrated to Canada in early June 2021. I read at some places that one needs an NOA or T4 to showcase income proof. As I recently came, am I ineligible to sponsor supervisa? On the official page, it says they accept employment letters too.

My annual income is around 200K and I have 40K in my bank account. Can I sponsor supervisa for my parents right away or do I need to wait until Jan/Feb to get NOA? I have been working from the very first day I landed here.
Supervisa is based on earned income in Canada and not salary. NOA is the preferred proof of income. Most do not qualify for supervisas for around a year. This is on purpose because Canada does not parents and children to get the wrong impression that parents can move to Canada with their child. Given your income you may already close to meeting LICO. You can try submitting your pay stubs as proof of income earned in Canada.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Supervisa is based on earned income in Canada and not salary. NOA is the preferred proof of income. Most do not qualify for supervisas for around a year. This is on purpose because Canada does not parents and children to get the wrong impression that parents can move to Canada with their child. Given your income you may already close to meeting LICO. You can try submitting your pay stubs as proof of income earned in Canada.
Thank you for the inputs - much appreciated. The LICO is $32,898 for 2 people and $49,106 for 4 people. Two follow-up queries:
1. In the family unit, do I consider me and my wife as well? If so, I need to ensure $49,106 of earned income this year.
2. Can I count relocation and sign-on bonus as well in the earned income? My current employer gave me around 25K when I moved from India to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the inputs - much appreciated. The LICO is $32,898 for 2 people and $49,106 for 4 people. Two follow-up queries:
1. In the family unit, do I consider me and my wife as well? If so, I need to ensure $49,106 of earned income this year.
2. Can I count relocation and sign-on bonus as well in the earned income? My current employer gave me around 25K when I moved from India to Canada.
1. yes your wife counts
2. Unclear if your signing bonus will be counted if you apply with your pay stubs. As I previously said a supervisa is not meant for parents to visit so soon after arriving in Canada.

Reactions: prashanfernando