+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa

faisal124

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
I am a permanent resident of Canada and applying for super visa for my parents and have a few questions -

1. Can I have my parents apply it online? I was going through the eligibility for online application but couldn't find anything specific for super visa. All I could find is Temporarily - more than 6 months

2. While I was filling up the Eligibility questionnaires for online application - I came across this

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?

Family Member

An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children

My question is what do I select here as I am their child but not a dependant child. Does dependant mean depends financially?

3. I want both of my parents to apply. Do they have to file separate applications completely independent of each other? In the questionnaire - I saw one question

Do you want to submit an application for a family member?

If my mother is primary applicant, does she have to choose Yes here to include my father in the application. Also, if I choose Yes here, it asks for Marriage Certificate. I'm afraid that 40 year document does not exist in English.

Please help me with this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. Yes, the app can be submitted online. There is no specific super visa app, as you can see from the paper app http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp. It is the standard visitor visa app; there is a question in the form where they indicate they are applying for a super visa. The also need to include the additional required documents for a super visa.

2. Select "Yes".

3. No, they don't have to file separately. They can apply together with one of them as the principal applicant and the other as the accompanying family member, selecting "Yes" to that question. They will need to get a certified translation of their marriage certificate. If they don't have the certificate anymore, I believe that a notarized declaration of their marriage is acceptable.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Second question is no! He is not the deprndent child of his parents!

canuck_in_uk said:
1. Yes, the app can be submitted online. There is no specific super visa app, as you can see from the paper app http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp. It is the standard visitor visa app; there is a question in the form where they indicate they are applying for a super visa. The also need to include the additional required documents for a super visa.

2. Select "Yes".

3. No, they don't have to file separately. They can apply together with one of them as the principal applicant and the other as the accompanying family member, selecting "Yes" to that question. They will need to get a certified translation of their marriage certificate. If they don't have the certificate anymore, I believe that a notarized declaration of their marriage is acceptable.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
ortom said:
Second question is no! He is not the deprndent child of his parents!
Read the question again. I concur, he is not the dependent child of his parents, however he IS the Canadian citizen or pr family member 18 years of age or older ;)