+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - Passport Submission (old Passports) question

reshmi.1986

May 19, 2016
Hi All,

I submitted my parents supervisa application online and received the below message recently.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

They will submit their passport through VFS. Both of them have got new passports(the new passport details were specified in the visa application.)
But their old passports contain valid US visa and previous Canadian visa(expired).

Do my parents need to submit their old passports as well (for visa officer to verify that previous travel information we provided is valid)

Has anyone gone through similar situation.

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.
Reshma

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
reshmi.1986 said:
Hi All,

I submitted my parents supervisa application online and received the below message recently.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

They will submit their passport through VFS. Both of them have got new passports(the new passport details were specified in the visa application.)
But their old passports contain valid US visa and previous Canadian visa(expired).

Do my parents need to submit their old passports as well (for visa officer to verify that previous travel information we provided is valid)

Has anyone gone through similar situation.

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.
Reshma
The new one.