+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa or Vistor Visa for my dad

karens

Jul 15, 2017
Hi,
I would like to you thoughts on having my dad visit me either via Super Visa or Vistor Visa.
Can I raise the application by myself for both types of visas.
Which one would be better than the other ?
How much would be the processing time normally for them, which would be sooner ?
Thank you all in advance.

mapleleafland

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
1. Yes I am not sure but you can submit the application for both of the visas on their behalf. Other experts member can correct me if I am wrong.
2. It would depend on how long they want to visit. The Super Visa is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period of up to 10 years. The key difference is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years at a time in Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only. How does the parent and grandparent super visa differ from a multiple entry visa? (cic.gc.ca)
3.You can check processing times according to your country here Check processing times - Canada.ca

Hope that helps.

Reactions: karens

karens

Jul 15, 2017
Thank you @mapleleafland
Just wanted some support on filling out the documentation for SuperVisa like the "Letter of Invitation" etc.
Please if someone could help me on the same.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I would like to you thoughts on having my dad visit me either via Super Visa or Vistor Visa.
Can I raise the application by myself for both types of visas.
Which one would be better than the other ?
How much would be the processing time normally for them, which would be sooner ?
Thank you all in advance.
Also depends on whether your father is a good financial situation. TRVs tend to be based on the finances of the applicant where as supervisa primarily depends on the finances of the children in Canada. Where is your father from? Is he from a visa exempt country or does he need a visa to enter? Has he traveled internationally especially to the US, Europe, Australia, etc.? Does he have ties to his come country like property, other family, a job, etc.?

Reactions: karens

karens

Jul 15, 2017
Hi @canuck78 , yes actually my father has ties to his home country, with property. He is from India, so not visa exempt.
I do have the finances to show case in supporting my father's Super Visa application, just that I would need support in documentation like the Letter of Invitation" etc.
Thanks in advance.