+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Only Valid for 1 year

aumar1

Jul 15, 2019
Hi all,

My parent's Super Visa got approved in Dec 2022. My father has visa validity till 2026 (passport expires then) and we were aware this would be the case. For my mother, her passport was expiring in 2023 so we had it renewed and is now valid till 2032. However she had previously applied for a Canadian visitor visa in 2014 which was rejected, and since Biometrics are only valid for 10 years they only gave her a visa till July 2024. This caught us by surprise tbh.

My mother and father wish to stay in Canada for 2-3 years, therefore can anyone recommend any options for my mother's visa?

Should we:
a) Reapply somewhere around 6 months prior to expiry of my mothers visa? Are we able to reapply somewhere around December, and then have them come here in January and stay here till either they get the new visa or the previous one expires in July 2024?

b) Apply for extension around June 2024? That I believe will give her 2 more years? Can we apply for extension if the visa itself is coming to an end?

c) Do a new application for my mother now itself and still travel on the already valid/approved Supervisa?

d) Is there any way to extend biometrics or just do biometrics and ask them to reconsider? I highly doubt it but thought I'll throw it out there.

We wish the immigration would have just asked my mother for new biometrics, they only asked for my fathers prints.

Thank you all for your help in advance.