+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa--My father has kidney failure and is on regular dialysis. Can he get a visitor Visa to Canad?

snowflake2012

Star Member
Jul 24, 2012
Hello everyone,

I'm an immigrant from China since 2013, and in 2018 became a Canadian citizen. My husband is a born Canadian. We are now both working full time and everything is fine.

I'm thinking of sponsoring my parents for a super visa to visit Canada. But in 2018, my father was diagnosed with kidney failure, and later that year he's been on regular treatment of dialysis.

My question is: will applicants with this kind of medical condition be approved a visitor visa?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello everyone,

I'm an immigrant from China since 2013, and in 2018 become a citizen. My husband is a born Canadian. We are now both working full time and everything is fine.

I'm thinking of sponsoring my parents for a super visa to visit Canada. But in 2018, my father was diagnosed with kidney failure, and later that year he's been on regular treatment of dialysis.

My question is: will applicants with this kind of medical condition be approved a visitor visa?

Thanks a lot!
One of the things that would be considered is how your father would continue his treatment in Canada and how he would pay for it , if he was granted a visa . Dialysis is extremely expensive
He wouldn’t be eligible for the system to pay for it

https://dialysisservicesinc.ca/docs/DSI_Package.pdf

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm an immigrant from China since 2013, and in 2018 became a Canadian citizen. My husband is a born Canadian. We are now both working full time and everything is fine.

Thanks a lot!
Unfortunately they likely won’t qualify for any visa. There may be a slight possibility for them to get a visit for a limited period if they have a lot of savings and have made arrangements with the hospital in advance to pay for dialysis. You would need to show that you have arranged all the details with the hospital and submit Athens plan with your application. Would see if you get denied first and then try my suggestion if needed. It will likely need to be a shorter visit if it is possible. Even If he does get a TRV because I don’t think he’ll qualify for a supervisa or supervisa insurance you’ll need to plan to pay for dialysis out of pocket and find a hospital willing to give him dialysis. Believe the cost of dialysis is around 60k/year.

Maria2215

Jan 11, 2021
Hi I’m new here just trying my luck if anyone has the same situation.
will you include family member who is on dialysis for Permanent resident sponsor for Parents thank you.Is it likely to be approved?