+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa income

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I

I actually told her that it's risky to apply for both and suggested what I've read here, which is to apply the other parent for a regular TRV since my mom has about $9k on her account and has several time deposits, but she seems to wanna take the risk.
Her and her husband's NOA will show not enough income.

Meell

Oct 1, 2018
Philippines
You should really check whether the family will also continue to receive assistance after the adoption is finalized. Since they are toddlers the subsidies may end after the adoption is finalized. That is another reason that the subsidy would not count. They may stop receiving it soon.
She's trying to contact the immigration and get some significant advice hopefully. She will soon meet with her social worker too. I will update once we've made any relevant info or progress.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She's trying to contact the immigration and get some significant advice hopefully. She will soon meet with her social worker too. I will update once we've made any relevant info or progress.
The guidelines are pretty specific and income is the big issue. They will look at their taxes and line 150 which is income.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The guidelines are pretty specific and income is the big issue. They will look at their taxes and line 150 which is income.
Agreed.

It's pretty black-and-white. Either your sister/husband meets LICO (NOA + employment letter + bank statements + financial investments) or they don't. They cannot include foster care payments as funds towards meeting LICO to invite your parents for super visa visits

Meell

Oct 1, 2018
Philippines
It's pretty black-and-white. Either your sister/husband meets LICO (NOA + employment letter + bank statements + financial investments) or they don't. They cannot include foster care payments as funds towards meeting LICO to invite your parents for super visa visits
Hi Bryanna! So NOA is just one source of income and they can increase it if they have financial investments? I'm doubting bank statements as these are surely from your employment income...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna! So NOA is just one source of income and they can increase it if they have financial investments? I'm doubting bank statements as these are surely from your employment income...
They cannot increase the NOA. It is not a source of income.

To give IRCC an idea about the complete financial situation, your sister and her husband must submit as many financial documents as possible, such as their employment letters + bank statements + financial investments + pension funds, etc.

It's like this:
Someone could earn more than LICO requirements but might have considerable expenses. The idea is to prove the Canadian host can financially support the parent's super visa stay

Meell

Oct 1, 2018
Philippines
They cannot increase the NOA. It is not a source of income.

To give IRCC an idea about the complete financial situation, your sister and her husband must submit as many financial documents as possible, such as their employment letters + bank statements + financial investments + pension funds, etc.

It's like this:
Someone could earn more than LICO requirements but might have considerable expenses. The idea is to prove the Canadian host can financially support the parent's super visa stay
1.So how much should they save? ☺If you have any idea? Since they are $4-5k CAD short on their NOA... She told me that his husband has Profit Sharing worth 20k though I don't know what that is.

2.Or their NOA should meet the LICO requirement then prove they spend reasonably by providing their bank statements?