+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa for parents

AditiS9024

Jun 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

Please help me to clarify a doubt here.
I sponsored my husband under Family Sponsorship in 2018 and he is coming to Canada in coming February.
I was thinking to apply for my mother under Parent Super Visa by August 2019 but some people in my office confused me saying that since I have sponsored my husband ; I cannot apply for Parent Super Visa.
Is that true?
Please help.

Thank you

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
June 24, 15 and December, 2017
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
Hello everyone,

Please help me to clarify a doubt here.
I sponsored my husband under Family Sponsorship in 2018 and he is coming to Canada in coming February.
I was thinking to apply for my mother under Parent Super Visa by August 2019 but some people in my office confused me saying that since I have sponsored my husband ; I cannot apply for Parent Super Visa.
Is that true?
Please help.

Thank you
I have not heard this before. I would think as long as you meet the minimum LICO for Super visa for your family unit, you would be eligible to apply for your mother. Of course u have to count you + your husband + your mother = 3.

Effective from January 1 to December 31, 2018
Your child or grandchild may use the following income scale to assess their ability to meet the income requirements.
Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
Size of Family Unit Minimum necessary gross income
1 person (your child or grandchild) $24,949
2 persons $31,061
3 persons $38,185
4 persons $46,362
5 persons $52,583
6 persons $59,304
7 persons $66,027
More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add $6,723

AditiS9024

Jun 25, 2018
I have not heard this before. I would think as long as you meet the minimum LICO for Super visa for your family unit, you would be eligible to apply for your mother. Of course u have to count you + your husband + your mother = 3.

Your child or grandchild may use the following income scale to assess their ability to meet the income requirements.
2 persons $31,061
3 persons $38,185
4 persons $46,362
5 persons $52,583
6 persons $59,304
7 persons $66,027
Thank you for the clarification ; helps a lot :)

imehdee

May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Outland)
NOC Code......
2175 & 1224
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
Not Received. BG in Progress.
Hi @Bryanna , Other Senior Members

1- I applied for my mom's TRV in Dec 2018 but it was rejected due to insufficient funds in her account. I didn't know that she had to have $1,000/week if she were visiting for 12 weeks.

2- I want to apply for her super visa now and here's our situation:

a) I moved to Canada in June 2017.
b) I make $65,000/annum (excluding bonuses) and I have $3,000 in my savings account for the past 2 months. I can provide the most recent NOA.
c) I have also deposited $6,000 in my mom's account last week brining her total account balance to $8,000.
d) My mom has a decent travel history.
e) My mom also owns a house in Pakistan.
f) My father will continue to live in Pakistan while my mother visits me in Canada (if she's granted a super visa).
3) My questions are:

a) Considering our current financial situation, will it make sense to mention on the application that my mom's visiting for 8 - 10 months?
b) If not, what steps do I take to improve our chances of getting this super visa?
Thank you in advance!

-Mehdi.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna , Other Senior Members

1- I applied for my mom's TRV in Dec 2018 but it was rejected due to insufficient funds in her account. I didn't know that she had to have $1,000/week if she were visiting for 12 weeks.
It's an unofficial guide.

2- I want to apply for her super visa now and here's our situation:

a) I moved to Canada in June 2017.
b) I make $65,000/annum (excluding bonuses)​
Do you meet the income requirements for all members of your household + persons you are sponsoring/ sponsored?

And I have $3,000 in my savings account for the past 2 months. I can provide the most recent NOA.
Your bank balance is very low. Please save up more before applying.

Any investments? Retirement plans? Get rent?

c) I have also deposited $6,000 in my mom's account last week brining her total account balance to $8,000.
It won't help if it was not earned by her or not financial support from your dad. Otherwise it's easy to see the money is not hers.

) My mom has a decent travel history.
Which countries and typical length of each visit?

e) My mom also owns a house in Pakistan.
f) My father will continue to live in Pakistan while my mother visits me in Canada (if she's granted a super visa).
These are good ties.

My questions are:

a) Considering our current financial situation, will it make sense to mention on the application that my mom's visiting for 8 - 10 months?
b) If not, what steps do I take to improve our chances of getting this super visa?
Thank you in advance!
1. Do state a super visit stay of minimum one year.

2. What is the purpose of her visit?

imehdee

May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Outland)
NOC Code......
2175 & 1224
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..

Do you meet the income requirements for all members of your household + persons you are sponsoring/ sponsored?
imehdee: Yes, I do. It's only me here in Canada.

Your bank balance is very low. Please save up more before applying.
imehdee: Could you let me know what would be an ideal bank balance for a super visa application? An estimate would be fine.

Any investments? Retirement plans? Get rent?
imehdee: Retirement plan, yes! (but the balance is very low). No investments. No rent.

It won't help if it was not earned by her or not financial support from your dad. Otherwise it's easy to see the money is not hers.
imehdee: Understood. Will it make sense to ask my dad to transfer around $6,000 to my mom's account? Will that be enough?

Which countries and typical length of each visit?
imehdee: She's been to Thailland once for a month. She's been to Dubai, UAE multiple times (like 6 or 7 times).

These are good ties.
imehdee: Understood, thanks!

1. Do state a super visit stay of minimum one year.
imehdee: Got it!

2. What is the purpose of her visit?
imehdee: The plan was for her to stay with me for the next 1-2 years until I become eligible to sponsor her as a permanent resident.

All in all, if you could advise on the amount of funds I should have in mine and my mom's account, that would give me some direction here.

AditiS9024

Jun 25, 2018

2 persons $31,061
3 persons $38,185
4 persons $46,362
5 persons $52,583
6 persons $59,304
7 persons $66,027

AditiS9024

Jun 25, 2018
My mother is a not working back home. What can I show for income?
The house is on her name , so we have that part covered. Can I show Rental Income.
She gets pension (because my dad passed away) but the amount is not too much.
How much is recommended that we can show in her bank balance in INR ?

Please suggest something :)

Thank you !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The house is on her name , so we have that part covered. Can I show Rental Income.

Thank you !
Her bank balance doesn’t correspond to her earning potential so it is obvious that you have contributed the majority so I wouldn’t add anymore. The best thing to do would be to add to your own savings for a year so you qualify to sponsor her via supervisa.

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
June 24, 15 and December, 2017
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018

Thank you !

Yes, if she is renting a room or a property you should definitely show that. That is an income.

She should show her pension even thought it is minimal, and you can also present an official letter confirming pension and if she is required to renew her pension annually, you should present that as well. This shows her need to return to her home country.

Like Canuck78 stated, you can show your savings as this will strengthen your ability to finance your mother.

Reactions: AditiS9024

AditiS9024

Jun 25, 2018

Yes, if she is renting a room or a property you should definitely show that. That is an income.

She should show her pension even thought it is minimal, and you can also present an official letter confirming pension and if she is required to renew her pension annually, you should present that as well. This shows her need to return to her home country.

Like Canuck78 stated, you can show your savings as this will strengthen your ability to finance your mother.

Thank you , that helps a lot :) @Kindness 101

imehdee

May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Outland)
NOC Code......
2175 & 1224
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
Hi Bryanna,

I am very close to filing my mom's super visa application and I have two questions:

1- I make $65,000/annum, I am the only one here in Canada so I meet the minimum household income requirements and I will have at least $12,000 in my savings account for 6 months before I apply - do you think $12,000 is sufficient?
2- My mom has a property in Pakistan, my dad will continue to live in Pakistan (so she has a husband to return to) but she only has $3,000+ in her account for the past 4-6 months - will that be a problem i.e., does she need to have more funds in her account if we state a minimum (super visa) stay of 1 year?

Please advise. Thanks!

vineela y

Aug 12, 2019
Hello Everyone,

My parents are here in canada on visitor visa. Can i apply super visa for them from inside canada. (they hold indian paasport). Please suggest

Note: we meet family income and other requirements.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

My parents are here in canada on visitor visa. Can i apply super visa for them from inside canada. (they hold indian paasport). Please suggest

Note: we meet family income and other requirements.
No they have to be in their home country to apply for a supervisa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

I am very close to filing my mom's super visa application and I have two questions:

1- I make $65,000/annum, I am the only one here in Canada so I meet the minimum household income requirements and I will have at least $12,000 in my savings account for 6 months before I apply - do you think $12,000 is sufficient?
2- My mom has a property in Pakistan, my dad will continue to live in Pakistan (so she has a husband to return to) but she only has $3,000+ in her account for the past 4-6 months - will that be a problem i.e., does she need to have more funds in her account if we state a minimum (super visa) stay of 1 year?

Please advise. Thanks!
Yes you are likely fine.