+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa for my Parents

KARAN134

Feb 10, 2023
Hi Experts,

My wife and I came to canada as PR last year in Sept. I have been working since day 1 and have a salary of $70K. My T4 has less income because I have started work in sept.

1.) Can I still apply for Super Visa for my parents?
2.) should a letter from employer, T4, $8K in my account and $16K in parents account be enough as proof of funds?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Experts,

My wife and I came to canada as PR last year in Sept. I have been working since day 1 and have a salary of $70K. My T4 has less income because I have started work in sept.

1.) Can I still apply for Super Visa for my parents?
2.) should a letter from employer, T4, $8K in my account and $16K in parents account be enough as proof of funds?
Suoervisa is based on income earned that year not your salary. That is why most people do not qualify for a supervisa for at least a year after moving to Canada. The preferred proof of income earned is the NOA so likely you’ll need to wait until around next March to apply. A supervisa is also not meant for parents to try to live to Canada with their child which is another reason the supervisa is not available right away. Parents can try to secure a TRV to make a shorter visit but can only access the longer visit times ones their child has become more established in Canada. Savings level is pretty low for a supervisa given that you have the cost of flights and 1 year of supervisa insurance that you’ll need to pay for upfront. That could easily be 6k+ plus you will have to consider the extra expense of having longterm visitors from food to higher utilities, a winter wardrobe if they don’t have one, etc.

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
When I check "processing times" for Super Visa in my country, it's about 130 days. Right now it is 100 days for my parents.

They already passed the Medical Exam. It's "assessing Eligibility" now.

Should I continue waiting, or send a Web Form to ask the latest status?

IRCC didn't ask for any additional information/documents.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When I check "processing times" for Super Visa in my country, it's about 130 days. Right now it is 100 days for my parents.

They already passed the Medical Exam. It's "assessing Eligibility" now.

Should I continue waiting, or send a Web Form to ask the latest status?

IRCC didn't ask for any additional information/documents.
Processing times ar just estimates. You can have much faster processing times or much longer processing times. There is no point asking about status at this point. Their application is being processed normally.

Reactions: Home_13579

The CanadaDream

Jun 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hi Everyone,

I am applying for my father's SuperVisa. I too want to understand the difference between what to upload as "Proof of Income" & what to upload as "Funds (proof)"? I have the following documents:
1. NOA of last year (its a little shy of LICO requirements) - got a new job in 2023 with increased income that meets LICO requirements
2. T4 of last year
3. Employment letter showing latest yearly income (meets LICO requirements)
4. last 6 months pay stubs
5. last 6 months chequing & savings bank statements (not too much to show in them approx. 1.k average in savings and approx. 500cad in chequing)
6. can arrange a financial support declaration letter (self-attested) - not sure if it should be notarized

Which of these can I show in "Proof of Income" & which ones in "Funds(proof)"? Please help me resolve this dilemma. Thank you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I am applying for my father's SuperVisa. I too want to understand the difference between what to upload as "Proof of Income" & what to upload as "Funds (proof)"? I have the following documents:
1. NOA of last year (its a little shy of LICO requirements) - got a new job in 2023 with increased income that meets LICO requirements
2. T4 of last year
3. Employment letter showing latest yearly income (meets LICO requirements)
4. last 6 months pay stubs
5. last 6 months chequing & savings bank statements (not too much to show in them approx. 1.k average in savings and approx. 500cad in chequing)
6. can arrange a financial support declaration letter (self-attested) - not sure if it should be notarized

Which of these can I show in "Proof of Income" & which ones in "Funds(proof)"? Please help me resolve this dilemma. Thank you.
1 to 4 - Proof of Income
5 - Proof of Fund
6 - No need

Reactions: The CanadaDream