+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Extention

raza19

Dec 30, 2008
Hi,

My parents have applied for Super Visa and they recieved it after 10 days of submission of thier passports. But the problem is thier passport validity was 6 months so they got the visa for 5 months. Now they were not planning to come until next year. Is there any way they can get extention while staying in Pakistan or they have to come here in Canada and apply for extention and how long will it take for extention?. And if they dont come within next 5 months is there any chance that there visa would be rejected if we will apply next time just because they got the visa and did nt visited????
Thanks

T

torontonian999

They need to renew their passports for any extensions beyond 5 months. Even if they come to Canada now, and apply for extension from within Canada, the extension cannot be granted beyond the passport's validity. I have heard of a case where the visa was obtained but the applicant did not travel to Canada, and the second time he applied, it was rejected. Maybe you can write a cover letter explaining the reason why they did not travel with the current visa, and hopefully it won't be a problem. However, when you apply for a new visa, you will need to make a new application and submit new documents and will still have to satisfy the requirements for the Super Visa.

raza19 said:
Hi,

My parents have applied for Super Visa and they recieved it after 10 days of submission of thier passports. But the problem is thier passport validity was 6 months so they got the visa for 5 months. Now they were not planning to come until next year. Is there any way they can get extention while staying in Pakistan or they have to come here in Canada and apply for extention and how long will it take for extention?. And if they dont come within next 5 months is there any chance that there visa would be rejected if we will apply next time just because they got the visa and did nt visited????
Thanks

sadi_22

Aug 4, 2011
Aoa ali can u plz tell me that how much time was taken by embassy for ur wife work visa after medical bz i am also in the same situation