+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Extension

xaideez

Apr 1, 2012
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Hi

My father got the supervisa in February 2013 for 1 year and 9 months. Actually his passport is going to expire in Dec 2014. He came to Canada in Aug 2013 and got the entry till Aug 2015 (2 year entry). Now i've his 10 year renewed passport. And i want to renew his visa before he leaves Canada. He is planing to leave Canada in December 2014.

Now my quesiton is :

Can i apply online ? If yes, How will they stamp the visa on his passport. (Remember i am talking about the sticker we get on passport).

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am in the same type of situation, where my parents have the visa but need to get the sticker visa extension no the entry one.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go to the Citizenship Immigration Canada website their should be an address for the Calgary office in Canada for extensions within Canada. Keep in mind if it is a super visa you will also need to submit proof of medical insurance, preferably a renewed policy valid for one year. If you need assistance I can help you with this contact me directly.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Gary Goldshmidt said:
Go to the Citizenship Immigration Canada website their should be an address for the Calgary office in Canada for extensions within Canada. Keep in mind if it is a super visa you will also need to submit proof of medical insurance, preferably a renewed policy valid for one year. If you need assistance I can help you with this contact me directly.
1. Calgary doesn't process visitor extensions, which the SV is. They apply for an extension to Vegreville.
2. The OP's father can't apply for a TRV ("sticker") in Canada as he is a visitor, only workers and students can. His father will need to apply for a new TRV overseas.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe you are correct it is the Vegreville office in Alberta, my apologies not Calgary. I don't know the exact procedure I do not deal in immigration but one of my clients indicated that is what they were doing from within Canada. Maybe you can be kind enough to explain this in more detail, I am not an immigration expert or lawyer I only deal with insurance, you seem to be more knowledgeable in the process than I am.

Thank you for your clarification.

ninny

Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, hope this helps you. My spouse and I recently applied to extend our stay on supervisa, as our first 2 years was up in June 2014. We did the application online, which is almost the same as applying first time. Had to submit passport photo's, get new medical insurance and have medical exams done. We were then sent a certificate that is called a "visitor's record" that has the new extention date on it. We did not have to physically send our passports to them , just copies via the on line application.

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ninny said:
Hi, hope this helps you. My spouse and I recently applied to extend our stay on supervisa, as our first 2 years was up in June 2014. We did the application online, which is almost the same as applying first time. Had to submit passport photo's, get new medical insurance and have medical exams done. We were then sent a certificate that is called a "visitor's record" that has the new extention date on it. We did not have to physically send our passports to them , just copies via the on line application.
hi.. you didnt have to exit canada when you apply for extension right? did you have a medical upfront or they requested first for you to undergo medical in canada??

xaideez

Apr 1, 2012
Ontario - Canada
Category........
nanaykopo said:
hi.. you didnt have to exit canada when you apply for extension right? did you have a medical upfront or they requested first for you to undergo medical in canada??
yes they don't have to and they can have upfront medical