+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa Extension help

harry22g_s

Feb 27, 2009
hi all
I need help for super visa extension for my mother.. she is on super visa.. her time period of 6 months going to expire in july.. she is here from last 5 months ..now we want extend her stay.. i check online everything got most of the information.. there is Finencial paper upload tab.. what i can upload there... she have no her own income i am supporting her for financial... it means i can upload my bank statement there ?

And after submitting everything online electronically.. what is the next step and what we are going to receive for extension? They will stamp on passport again ? Or they will send any extension paper by mail ? Because they want only passport copy and picture ?

Please help me .. and give me all detail if whoevers go through this process

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
there is Finencial paper upload tab.. what i can upload there... she have no her own income i am supporting her for financial... it means i can upload my bank statement there ?
Yes, your bank statement + any financial investments.

And after submitting everything online electronically.. what is the next step and what we are going to receive for extension? They will stamp on passport again ? Or they will send any extension paper by mail ? Because they want only passport copy and picture ?
You will receive an approval for the extension by mail (paper)

harry22g_s

Feb 27, 2009
Thanks so Much for Reply Bryanna... one more question for you.. she was here in 2016 on supervisa. she spend 2 months only that time in canada, last time and this time stamp on passport for 6 months only.. now question is on apply form there is dates for selection ( Indicate how long you plan to stay ) her entry valid till 26 july , how much maximum time i can enter there for stay, what time period they will approve

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks so Much for Reply Bryanna... one more question for you.. she was here in 2016 on supervisa. she spend 2 months only that time in canada, last time
She missed the opportunity to stay for 2 years on her first visit. A TRV would have been a more appropriate visa. Anyways.

and this time stamp on passport for 6 months only.. now question is on apply form there is dates for selection ( Indicate how long you plan to stay ) her entry valid till 26 july , how much maximum time i can enter there for stay, what time period they will approve
From IRCC backgrounders, an extension will be approved for 6 months for super visa entries. You can try asking for a longer extension (depending on her circumstances). Hopefully, IRCC will grant it

harry22g_s

Feb 27, 2009
Thanks for this information. we are submitting online application. we need my mom here for long more then 6 months . because my wife going for surgery next month,how we can request to IRCC while we applying online ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for this information. we are submitting online application. we need my mom here for long more then 6 months . because my wife going for surgery next month,how we can request to IRCC while we applying online ?
Do include a cover letter/letter from the sponsor (yourself). You must be careful that it does not seem like your mom wants to stay to take care of your wife

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Hi
My parents have Super Visa, but there is no specific period of stay mentioned on passport, what is the maximum period of stay ? is it 6 months or 2 years ?
Just wondering if i need to apply for extension before 6 months or its automatic 2 year stay because its a Super Visa.
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi
My parents have Super Visa, but there is no specific period of stay mentioned on passport, what is the maximum period of stay ? is it 6 months or 2 years ?
Just wondering if i need to apply for extension before 6 months or its automatic 2 year stay because its a Super Visa.
Thanks
It is not automatically for two years. For that, there must be a handwritten date under the entry stamp (only for the initial visit) authorizing a stay of 2 years.

Otherwise it is a stay of 6 months even though it is a super visa entry

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Thanks
Looks like this I not her 1st visit on the supervisa so 6 months. I assume you are wanting to extend until she gets PR but that may not be possible.

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Looks like this I not her 1st visit on the supervisa so 6 months. I assume you are wanting to extend until she gets PR but that may not be possible.
Thanks Canuck, yes this is not first visit. Are you saying I cannot apply for extension if PR application is in process ?
what if they exit Canada and come back, as their Super visa is valid until 2026.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Canuck, yes this is not first visit. Are you saying I cannot apply for extension if PR application is in process ?
She can certainly apply to extend her authorized stay if a PR application is in process. It is called 'Dual Intent' and IRCC allows it

what if they exit Canada and come back, as their Super visa is valid until 2026.
Best to apply for an extension instead of leaving the country

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
It is not automatically for two years. For that, there must be a handwritten date under the entry stamp (only for the initial visit) authorizing a stay of 2 years.

Otherwise it is a stay of 6 months even though it is a super visa entry
Thanks