+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Extension and Reentry.

dh101

Feb 2, 2018
Hello,

My mother and father in law have come to visit us on a Super Visa. When the first arrived, immigration gave them 1 year. We submitted an extension and they've received another year and will have to leave in December of 2018. We were accepted to apply for the PR sponsorship this year so we don't want them to have to go home and come back once they're approved for PR.

We are planning on visiting family in the US this summer, and they've got US visas. I'm wondering, if we go to the US to visit family, then reenter Canada with them, will this reset their Super Visa, giving them an additional year or two? Also, will they be able to re enter Canada from the US using their supervisa?

Next question, is if they get the PR approved, but they're still here in Canada, will they have to exit and reenter Canada in order to get their PR or is it something that they don't have to reenter for?

I know when my wife got her PR, she didn't have to re enter Canada, just went for interview with immigration and it was approved.

Thanks