+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Visa) did the Port of Entry stamp their passport?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
^^..thats what I feel, looks like she might have already overstayed

If its been 3 months, can still apply for restoration and then extend suggesting misunderstanding
I am pretty sure its 6 months stay if no date is stamped, but leave margin for error due to Supervisa

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG OMG GOOD NEWS!!!

Finally I got to talked to CIC and they confirmed that mom is allowed to stay here for 2 years!!!! Oh i was almost crying when talking to the agent... She mentioned that if there's no other stamp aside from the date of entry she can stay up to 2 years under PG-1 category

i really thought she was illegal/overstaying here.. and we past the 90 days restoration.. I've imagined all the worst thing.. Now that my dad is coming I dont really want her to leave, and also I dont want her to have a bad record for future sponsorsjip..

ah.. thank you thank you thank you..
God is Good!!!

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Not to discourage you or anything, but I would confirm it again with another CIC agent, because sometimes the agents are not knowledgeable. And I would ask the agent to e-mail a reference as a proof. Otherwise, if you run into problems in the future because of the incorrect information that the agent gave you, then you cannot prove it that you were given the wrong information. So, ask them to e-mail you the reference because I am pretty sure you can stay only a maximum of 6 months if there is no stamp even for Super Visa. You can also ask this question directly to CBSA. Good luck.

nanaykopo said:
OMG OMG GOOD NEWS!!!

Finally I got to talked to CIC and they confirmed that mom is allowed to stay here for 2 years!!!! Oh i was almost crying when talking to the agent... She mentioned that if there's no other stamp aside from the date of entry she can stay up to 2 years under PG-1 category

i really thought she was illegal/overstaying here.. and we past the 90 days restoration.. I've imagined all the worst thing.. Now that my dad is coming I dont really want her to leave, and also I dont want her to have a bad record for future sponsorsjip..

ah.. thank you thank you thank you..
God is Good!!!

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I appreciate it.. Thank you..

CBSA emailed me this:
Unfortunately, the Canada Border Services Agency is not in a position to answer your inquiry; yours is an issue which should be answered by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), the organization responsible for work permits, study, visitor, temporary, and resident applications in Canada.

As the issue of visitor visas and admissibility into Canada falls under the responsibility of CIC, we recommend that you contact them about this matter.

From within Canada you may contact CIC at 1-888-242-2100.

A friend of mine who's mother-in-law just arrived here JULY 2013 did not get a stamp either.. although she's pretty confident that MIL can stay for 2 yrs. (I made her worry) She still foned the CIC and was told the same thing.. and CIC also said if she's only allowed 6 months they'll put 6 month on the passport..

will still try to email CIC so I have proof..

Jun 9, 2010
Hi everyone,

My MIL also didn't get a "valid until-date" stamp on her passport. I phoned CIC and the agent emailed me the ff. The link doesn't work here, so you can just search IMM 1436E for the application form stated below...

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Super Visa - Length of Stay - Less than 2 Years

Please note that with the Parents and Grandparents Extended Stay Temporary Resident Visa (Super Visa), eligible parents and grandparents are able to remain in Canada for an authorized period of up to two years.

If the length of authorized period of stay indicated in your passport is less than two years (and your passport is valid for at least two years), or if no stamp was placed in your passport by the officer at the Port of Entry, please follow the instructions below:

Complete the application, Request to Amend the Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Valid Temporary Resident Documents; and
Mail the application to the Query Response Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.

zywan0124

Aug 27, 2013
You guys got me worried, I thought the 2 years stay for super visa holder is by default. My mother also did not get any stamp, if I need to renew her stay for 6 months, what's the point of super visa then?

vrielle

Dec 29, 2013
help me guys,
my mom second entry to canada doesnt have any stamp on her passport only PG__.her first entry March 13 2013 with PG Date March 12 2013. her second entry Dec 17, 2013 without PG Date. how long she will stay in canada? 6 mos. or another 2 years im confuse

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
vrielle said:
march 12 2015 not 2013 sory
was it just the Dec 17,2013 stamp? or no stamp at all? if no stamping the validity will be march 12, 2013, as some one has done this crossing the US border.
if there's a new stamp= not sure it might be for six months, but you guys can call CIC or ask at immigration section at the airport. (Toronto Pearson has one at the arrival level)

Reactions: dadbangalore

halffedelf

May 15, 2015
Hi can you update what happened? My MIL is in similar condition and we didn't realized, she has stayed for a year now with only stamp with no date on her rsecond entry (even though the date given on her first entry is still valid). Getting worried that she perhaps stayed without status ? :(

halffedelf

May 15, 2015
Hi can you update what happened? My MIL is in similar condition and we didn't realized, she has stayed for a year now with only stamp with no date on her rsecond entry (even though the date given on her first entry is still valid). Getting worried that she perhaps stayed without status ? :(