+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Visa) did the Port of Entry stamp their passport?

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okay.. here I am again..

My mother's passport did not get a stamp for expiry or for how long is she allowed to stay. Her visa is valid for 4 years.

Now i'm worried that she was supposed to stay here for only 6 months (since there were no stamp) and then I should've applied for extension up to two years.

Please share your experience:

did the border officer stamp your parent's passport with an expiry?
if yes for how long?
or if not, did you apply for extension after or befor 6 months?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
If no date stamped ( just entry stamp ) then its 6 months

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got this reply.. so if its a supervisa we dont need to renew or extend their stay

I am replying to your e-mail of July 3, 2013, addressed to the Honourable Jason Kenney, former Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, regarding Super Visa. I apologize for this delayed reply.

As you know CIC has introduced the “Parent and Grandparent Super Visa,” which will be valid for up to 10 years. This multiple-entry visa will allow an applicant to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time without the need for renewal of their status. The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, which came into effect on December 1, 2011, will allow CIC to issue visas, on average, within eight weeks of the application. This means that instead of waiting through many years of processing, a parent or a grandparent may be able to Canada within eight weeks.

In order to qualify, parents and grandparents must undergo a medical examination, they must purchase Canadian medical insurance, and their child or grandchild in Canada must meet the minimum income threshold. All of the other regular requirements for parents and grandparents to come to Canada on a visitor visa have not changed.

With regard to your concerns, please note that all applicants must meet the basic requirements when applying for a Super Visa. For a complete list of all eligibility requirements, please visit our Web site.

I trust that the information provided is of assistance.

Sincerely,

B. Sultana
Ministerial Enquiries Division

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Keyword is upto 24 months, many supervisa's dont get 2 year stamp on passport, when your six months is complete - apply for ext for 2 years and show supervisa copy

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 said:
Keyword is upto 24 months, many supervisa's dont get 2 year stamp on passport, when your six months is complete - apply for ext for 2 years and show supervisa copy

is that your personal experience @user828?
you applied for their extension?
ty

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
My folks here on regular TRV, extended 6 months and then now again 1 year ext
But seen many folks in this forum who came on Super and got 6 months stamp

Frankly, supervisa is a hassle since they give 2 year ext for regular TRVs after six months too

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Keep their email in hard copy in a safe place... and apply for a renewal before 24 months is up. If CIC wants you to renew at 6 months they would put a 6-month stamp in their passports.

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okay thanks guys..

So i was told that if their authorized stay will soon be expired.. i shouldve received a letter saying leave canada or extend their stay

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
nanaykopo said:
okay thanks guys..

So i was told that if their authorized stay will soon be expired.. i shouldve received a letter saying leave canada or extend their stay
No, its your responsibility to extend or leave. You can request ext via on-line, preferably 30 days before expiry

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 said:
No, its your responsibility to extend or leave. You can request ext via on-line, preferably 30 days before expiry
oh so you did not receive a notice to leave canada when your parent's visa was almost expired?

my mom will be one year here soon.. no stamp, so didnt extend her stay. Now that my dad is coming, also with a super visa (good for 5 yrs).. i was reading some forum and when someone post that they need to extend their stay before the end of 6 month (w/o stamp).. Then I got worried..

I got a relief when they emailed me that super visa doesnt need a renewal..

I told my dad if he didnt get a stamp ask the border officer how long is he allowed to stay.. so we'll see..

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
nanaykopo said:
oh so you did not receive a notice to leave canada when your parent's visa was almost expired?

my mom will be one year here soon.. no stamp, so didnt extend her stay. Now that my dad is coming, also with a super visa (good for 5 yrs).. i was reading some forum and when someone post that they need to extend their stay before the end of 6 month (w/o stamp).. Then I got worried..

I got a relief when they emailed me that super visa doesnt need a renewal..

I told my dad if he didnt get a stamp ask the border officer how long is he allowed to stay.. so we'll see..
You never get a letter saying visa is expiring, its upto individual to see that but I am not sure about your no-stamp 2 year stay

See what it says

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob357.asp

Port of Entry (POE)

consider the applicant to have fulfilled the eligibility criteria for a Super Visa upon presentation of a PG-1 single or multiple-entry counterfoil, or letter of introduction from a visa office abroad, unless new or different information that is pertinent to this decision has become known subsequent to the issuance of that counterfoil or letter of introduction; and
normally fix the period of authorized stay as two years pursuant to the provisions of S.183 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) and stamp the applicant’s passport or travel document for a duration of two years; or issue a visitor record in the case of an applicant who is not required to be in possession of a passport, pursuant to S.52(2) of IRPR.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Your mother's status will expire in 6 months, and you need to apply for extension one month prior to 6 months. If you dont, your mother will be illegal in Canada, which can be a big problem in the future.

The CIC person who replied to you simply copied and pasted the super visa information on CIC website. Super Visa holders would not need to renew their status for two years if they have been given permission to stay for 2 years. The thing is your mom has not been authorized to stay for two years. Since there is no stamp on her passport, that means her status to stay on Canada would expire in 6 months.

By the way, it is at the discretion of the CBSA officer to issue the period of stay. For the super visa, it can be up to two years, which means it can be 6 months, 1 year, 15 months or 2 years.

nanaykopo said:
okay.. here I am again..

My mother's passport did not get a stamp for expiry or for how long is she allowed to stay. Her visa is valid for 4 years.

Now i'm worried that she was supposed to stay here for only 6 months (since there were no stamp) and then I should've applied for extension up to two years.

Please share your experience:

did the border officer stamp your parent's passport with an expiry?
if yes for how long?
or if not, did you apply for extension after or befor 6 months?