+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - deadlines

lyluk

Dec 21, 2014
Hi,
Are there any deadlines to submit each step for the super visa application? Like for medical check, the medical insurance, submitting the passport if visa is approved etc? I have a chance to apply this year but my mother's passport is expiring in 2025 only so I wish to drag this out if that is possible until it is closer to passport renewal time.
If there are deadlines, how much time do they usually give to submit the required documents as from the date of request?
Also if the application is somehow rejected, how soon can we apply again? Is a rejection going to make the subsequent application much more difficult?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Are there any deadlines to submit each step for the super visa application? Like for medical check, the medical insurance, submitting the passport if visa is approved etc? I have a chance to apply this year but my mother's passport is expiring in 2025 only so I wish to drag this out if that is possible until it is closer to passport renewal time.
If there are deadlines, how much time do they usually give to submit the required documents as from the date of request?
Also if the application is somehow rejected, how soon can we apply again? Is a rejection going to make the subsequent application much more difficult?
Only apply when you want the application to be processed. Yes there are deadline which are usually 30 days to complete.

lyluk

Dec 21, 2014
Only apply when you want the application to be processed. Yes there are deadline which are usually 30 days to complete.
I may not get another chance to apply in 2025 because of the income requirements. If I apply, let's say in February 2024, I can still show the NOA of 2022 right? Or would they ask me to wait till April and submit the NOA for 2023?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I may not get another chance to apply in 2025 because of the income requirements. If I apply, let's say in February 2024, I can still show the NOA of 2022 right? Or would they ask me to wait till April and submit the NOA for 2023?
There is a decent chance that you could be asked to submit NOA2023 during processing especially if there are concerns that you haven’t met LICO for 2023. LICO is very low compared to actual cost of living so if you don’t meet LICO I would be concerned about how you will be able to afford to support another person in Canada, pay for additional expenses, pay for any emergencies that come up, routine healthcare or emergency dental appointments, etc. What about supervisa insurance which will be 1.5-2.5k/yr?

lyluk

Dec 21, 2014
There is a decent chance that you could be asked to submit NOA2023 during processing especially if there are concerns that you haven’t met LICO for 2023. LICO is very low compared to actual cost of living so if you don’t meet LICO I would be concerned about how you will be able to afford to support another person in Canada, pay for additional expenses, pay for any emergencies that come up, routine healthcare or emergency dental appointments, etc. What about supervisa insurance which will be 1.5-2.5k/yr?
I do have the money to cover everything and supporting another person, the problem is I don't have a full-time work and neither does my husband, we live on the income we get from rental properties. The job is to renovate properties for rental but we do not work for anyone. We pay our taxes on these as we should but the income from NOA is not high enough (except this year's) However I hear that is not proof enough to satisfy the immigration office, they need to see the figure on the NOA.
The requirements say we can also prove income via pay stubs, letter of employment... so we don't have any of these.